➳35

'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions~

She ran downstairs in a hurry in an attempt to escape from the hands of the two boys

She ran downstairs in a hurry in an attempt to escape from the hands of the two boys. Thankfully, Chenle and Jisung came at the perfect time.

Kiara was walking in the hallway while the same question was circling in her head. 'What do I feel about Mark?'

As she was walking and took a turn at the end of the hallway, she was so lost in her own thoughts that her body collided with someone else. "Hey hey! Kiara?", the young boy said with a raised brow.

She snapped out and looked up. "Oh Jeno sorry."

Jeno and Kiara were not so close as the boy was a bit introverted but still treated the girl as a good friend of him. The female was sitting on a bench infront of the lake which was behind the university. Jeno came and took a seat beside her and gave her a can of cold drinks. She murmured a 'thank you' to the boy as he opened his own can and took a sip of the cold liquid.

"Do you wanna talk about something for which you brought me here?", Kiara asked.

"Uhh... I don't know if I should ask this but..."

"But?" She raised an eyebrow and leaned down to look at his face as he was looking down.

Jeno looked infront at the lake. "What's going on between you and.... Mark?"

"Huh?" Her facial expression changed as she looked at him with a blank face.

"Sorry if it made you uncomfortable but I need to know." He gazed into her eyes.

She looked away and said, "Nothing. We are not even friends actually."

"So you don't like him, right?"

Kiara's eyes widened and she chewed her lower lip. "Like?"

"Yes Kiara. Please answer this." He was looking at her with hopeful eyes.

"I don't know..."

"What do you mean? Please say it clearly."

'No matter what, I can't like a human. Never.'

Kiara shook her head. "I don't like him."

The black-haired male sighed in relief. "Thank you. And please don't even like him in the future." He stood up from his seat and turned around.

"Why?" She looked at him in confusion.

He looked over his shoulder. "I may look selfish. But I don't want someone else to get hurt." And then he left the place leaving the girl confused.

Jeno was not a selfish person actually. Yes, he didn't want Kiara to develop any feelings for Mark because he knew this would hurt Yumi- the person he liked the most. He just wanted to keep Yumi happy and maybe if she got together with Mark, she would be the happiest and that was what Jeno wanted. It would hurt him a lot to see the person he liked to be with someone else but he was ready to endure that pain only for her. But, maybe things won't go the way he wanted.