Boy/Friend? (Chap. 12)

Start from the beginning

"How?" I ask.

"I need a place to stay. I've been staying with friends these last couple of months and I really missed you. That's why I came back here." She gets close to me, and wraps her arms around me. I just stand there not moving. "Daniel I did miss you. I do love you still. Do you still love me? Remember our night together? You told me you loved me? Do you still? We can be together again like old times." I was stupid when I told her I loved her. I don't even think I meant it. I was drunk when I told her and we had done it at her house when her dad wasn't there. She was the one I had lost it to and I regret it.

I push her away. "I'm sorry but no. I missed you a lot when you left and dumped me. But I'm with someone." I tell her. She raises her eyebrows.

"Who huh?"

"Don't worry about it." I tell her.

"Then you're lying Daniel. I still love you even though I left."

"You know who I always loved, and you knew from the beginning too."

"Angie? Yeah but you got over her when we were together so don't try pushing me away because we both know you did grow feelings for me." She's right, but I'm not going to tell her. But I always loved Angie. She knows that too.

"I can't help you. I'm sorry..." I tell her.

"Fine. I'll just go live homeless then." She walks to the porch where a suitcase is sitting. "I thought you were going to help me Daniel, but I was wrong." she says passing me. Ugh I hate this. I turn around and grab her wrist.

"Fine. You can stay." I tell her.

"No obviously you don't want me here."

"I'll talk to my parent's" I tell her. Fuck. What am I doing? She's my ex for crying out loud! She turns to me and hugs me.

"Thanks Daniel."

I let go of her hold from the hug and walk up to my door and unlock it. She follows me and sits on the couch, setting her suitcase next to her.

"Your house still looks the same." she says.

"I guess." This is so weird. I turn on the T.V. and we stay quiet the whole afternoon until I hear the front door opening. It was Kyle. As he enters the living room his eyes stop on Pamela who's sitting on the loveseat.

"Uhh hi." Kyle says.

I get up. "Pamela this is Kyle my brother, Kyle this is Pamela" I say.

"Hey," she says getting up to shake my brother's hand and then smiles.

"Daniel could I have a word with you in the kitchen" Kyle asks. I nod and get up then we head over to the kitchen. When we're in the kitchen he asks me who Pamela is.

"My ex." I answer. His eyes go wide.

"What the fuck?" he says.

"Yeah she has no place to go. I dated her last year."

"You dated her? Damn. And wait how could she stay here when you're with Angie?"

"She just needs a place to stay." I tell him.

"Angie is gonna be fucking mad." I know.

"She's mad at me right now. So I wouldn't know."

"Why?"

"Long story." I answer.

"Okay so is she really gonna stay here?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Depends what mom and dad say. They loved her when we were together." I tell him.