16. ~ Angels are supposed to fly.

I can't remember a time that I didn't know what blood was or the feeling of pain. Whether it was mentally or physically, it still stung, reminding me of the scar on my tongue, and the countless others across my frail body. Watching the sun illuminate off them...It was somewhat comforting. Through the shades a small breeze came in, chilly yet soothing.

The sound of chatter and trains was loud, I'm not even sure how Jinko could still be asleep..

Sometimes I wished we had a higher room. More secluded from society and in the clouds where nobody could bother us. Because someplace inside of me is afraid of his soul seeing the world's evil. The part--more so majority of the world that's filled with cigarette butts, lies, and sex.

Reminding me of how when we first got to the hotel I got to have a discussion with Jinko about what an ashtray was.

Looking behind me, I saw Jinko sleeping soundly, sometimes he'd snore and it was actually rather adorable.

Bzz bzz

My phone buzzed with anticipation. Considering I never get calls it actually made me jump a bit.

But without another thought I picked up and after a moment of silence--

"I swear to god! Where the hell are you? Did you seriously go to London without telling me?! I was worried sick until I asked Dazai and he told me! Unlike you!! Keeping everything to yourself!" An angry sister's voice emitted, it was never a good thing when it started with a large inhale before an essay of how disrespectful I am and how worried I made her.

"Shh Atsu-" I tried to intervene but my small voice couldn't dream of overcoming hers. Or anyones for that matter..

After another 5 minutes of blabbering and complaining she finally gave me a moment to speak.

"Atsushi is sleeping shh.." I muttered under my breath, checking on Jinko to make sure he was still asleep. God, he could sleep through a war if he wanted to.

"WAIT YOU BROUGHT THAT THING WITH YOU?!" Suddenly her voice became less tame, reaching volume I'd never thought a human could reach. I cringed as her voice rang through my ears.

After another 7 minutes of her crying about how I took Jinko with (as if she had beef against him or something). I'd finally got another moment of silence. I'd finally felt at loss, every time I got disciplined by her I would in the end, out of desperation, get on my knees and apologize, begging for mercy. Because in the end, she is extremely good at making people feel ashamed, even if they just did something as small as kill a fly.

"Fine I'm sorry," I started, letting my shoulders rest as I let out a sigh, "I promise I'll tell you when I'm going to leave next time...So can you please let me go this time?" I begged. Hearing her scoff wasn't usually a good sign though.

"This is the FIFTH fucking time you've ran away without telling me!!" She started again...

.

..

.

Doll-like eyes looked through the window, watching as things started getting colder. Animals were burrowing and begging for warmth as were humans in other dorms. It was freezing and that wasn't an understatement.

"Want me to make you something warm? Like tea or hot chocolate?" A brunet wondered with a sad look on his face as he patted the redheads back to soothe him.

"I'm fine." His voice was empty, he hadn't bothered to eat or move within the past couple of days.

His oversized sweater slipped off the side of his shoulder, revealing fresh scars catched the brunet's attention, but he decided not to pry even more.