The Phantom

Hey there!

So... Uhh- About a few weeks ago, I've had a cursed thought...

A very cursed thought-

But I'm not saying what it is to protect everyone's sanity so-

Enjoy the chapter!

*Platonic love imbound*

*---------------------------------------------------------*

"You've been sleeping in quite a lot recently."

Darko could hear James voice echo through the mindscape as he chatted with Dan.

'So that's ThnxCya...'

"Yeah... I've been having weird dreams as of late..." Dan's voice muttered.

Sitting in middle of essentially nothing, all he could do was be quite and listen to there conversation.

"Well... If you want, we can go to my place and we can talk over some tea."

"If you're sure..."

'He's... so nice...'

Though he could feel the urge to shed a tear, he knew that they wouldn't come even if he tried.

'Why...?'

He thought about Evil Dan and Fake Dan once being able to live out in the real world. They could eat and touch things with minimal care in the world.

Most Importantly, however, they could interact with people and form friendships.

"Great!" James could be heard laughing a bit as he spoke. "Let's go then-"

Dan could be heard sputtering after he presumably got dragged away by his very energetic friend.

'He's so friendly...'

"James..."

The movements sounded as though they have stopped.

"Yes Dan?"

'Is ThinkNoodles like that too?'

"You know I love you..."

A small laugh could be heard from James.

"I love you too, Dan. Now let's go."

That last line broke Darko.

He punched the 'ground' (If you could call it that.) over and over again, swearing and screaming incoherently.

"Ack-"

"You alright, Dan?"

"Y- Yeah... I'm... just having a really bad headache..."

"Maybe I have something that can help with that."

Darko's anger subsided for a bit, being to exhausted to strike the 'floor' anymore.

He let out a sob and curled into himself.

'Why can't I have that...?' Was all Darko thought to himself.

'Why...?'

Though he didn't notice him, the familiar shape of someone with spiky red hair stood and watched from a distance.

And as much as he wanted to help Darko in his quest for companionship, he knew the darker one would first have to learn the very lesson he had long ago...

So he watched him breakdown for only a bit longer before turning around and walking away.