Alone in the Dark

Hey.

Sorry I've been gone for so long.

I've been trying to write but have been struggling to figure out where they should lead, so I've been stuck.

I'm back for now and am even going into animation! (They aren't SOSMP related tho... I can't draw people!)

Hope you all enjoy some small hurt/comfort.

DanTDM and ThnxCya are one of my brOTPs if you couldn't tell by now-

*---------------------------------------------------------*

"Hello...?"

A trembling voice echoed in the dark room.

The past events of the day rushed though his head so fast they were giving him a headache.

He knew he shouldn't have gone with Squid after purposely failing him.

He shouldn't have just left his tools and weapons because Squid said to so they could "talk."

He shouldn't have forgotten to charge his communicator.

He shouldn't have told Squid his communicator was dead.

He shouldn't have walked into the totally not-so-suspicious dark room before Squid.

He shouldn't have trusted that Squid wouldn't try to get back at him by doing something like this.

There were a lot of things he shouldn't have done that could have prevented this, mainly taking James' advice and actually sleep in like he had planned.

He didn't know how Squid knew about one of his greatest fears. He never told anyone except James and Justin years ago.

He hated the dark. He couldn't see and he could never tell where he was going or what was near him. He had problems going into unexplored caves and even had to hold Justin's hand one time (The elder still teases him for it to this day).

Panic started to take over as his situation began to sink in.

'...Will anyone find me...?'

No one saw them when they were walking, the fact that he had no means of contacting anyone didn't help.

Realizing this, he collapsed.

'...I'm stuck down here...'

'No one's gonna find me here...'

A ghost like figure could be seen in the corner of his eye.

This was another reason he hated the dark.

A voice similar to his own could be heard chuckling as he felt himself begin to lose it. He knew what was happening.

"Shut up..."

The voice simply echoed.

"Shut up..."

The laughter continued.

"I said SHUT UP!"

The laughter subsided.

Sighing, he shifted to sit down and catch his breath, thinking he won...

Until the laughter came back, this time having had escalated to full on howling.

He was powerless to stop it. He covered his ears in an attempt to stop hearing that horrible sound but it did nothing but amuse the voice even more.

His nails dug into the side of his head. He thought he could hear the dull sound of the obsidian breaking, but he couldn't tell what was real or not anymore.

A figure now stood in front of him.

Trembling he looked up at the figure...

And saw a face that resembled his own.

It had a wide grin on its face and it's eyes were covered by its long, black hair.

It's shoulders jerked as it laughed.

And he knew what it was laughing at.

It laughed at his negligence.

It laughed at his stupidity.

It laughed at him breaking down.

He let out an ear piercing shriek but he couldn't hear anything come out. It was nothing compared to the laughter that now surrounded him, echoing through the small chamber.

It was then he saw something...

Something that looked liked cracks of light.

He watched as the small cracks grew, witnessing them spread to the rest of the stone with bits of it chipping away and falling.

The look-alike seemed to have noticed, it's laughter subsiding as it began to fade.

"What is this?" Someone could be heard as the dark stone chipped away and more light came pouring in.

"Looks like some kind of obsidian box." Another individual spoke from behind the other.

The single obsidian block broke as more light came pouring in with a figure peaking inside.

"What the-"

The other person looked inside as well.

"Dan?!"

The other block was quickly being mine out before the person could run in and hugged came rushing to him.

It was the minute Dan was put into a tight hug he knew who it was.

"J- J-"

"Hey Dan..."

"Is he alright?"

Ecko, who was holding the diamond pickaxe that freed him, gave a concerned look as he looked at the duo.

Dan knew he was talking to James, yet it was then that he spoke.

"...Yeah..."

He held on to James as he spoke.

"...I'm okay..."