Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

It takes several minutes for what Ralf said to sink in. Is he being serious or is he taking the mick? I can't believe what he said. Ralf isn't Eden's boyfriend, he's her half-brother. Was Eden trying to make me jealous? And if so why? So many things running through my mind. I thought girls were confusing, but Eden. Eden is a whole new level. Still dazed I turned to Ralf, a smug smile on his face.

'A-are you serious?' I asked. I tried to keep my voice steady but I had no luck. My voiced wobbled like jelly on a plate. I don't know what my face looked like, or what expression it held. I must have looked an idiot. Ralf's smug smile grew bigger.

'Deadly. She told me to pretend her boyfriend.' He replied, his eyes focused backon the tv screen.

'And you agreed?' I asked confused.

'Not at first, but we made an arrangement.' He shrugged. I didn't bother to question what the arrangement was. I mean I only met the guy a matter of minutes ago. I was left to let my mind wonder, but as soon as it started I heard the click of the front door closing. Followed by a couple of giggles.

A few minutes later a young girl appeared in the living room. She was tall, taller than Eden by a few inches. Her skin was pale and slightly pink, but that’s probably because of the cold – Its mid July here, but its freezing. She had the same mocha eyes as Eden, but hers are smaller and a darker shade of brown. She has golden brown hair, that falls in waves at her shoulders. She has a cheeky smile on her pale pink lips – not that I was looking. I looked her up and down, she had a pale yellow v-neck on and a black blazer over the top. Her black jeans clung to her thin thighs. My eyes trailed back up to her face, her eyes fixed on me. She let out a little giggle and turned her head to the right, so she was facing out of the living room. Her eyes never leaving me though.

'Is this the guy you were on about?' She asks, I presume its Eden she's talking about. Moments later Eden appears in the door way. When she notices Ralf sat at the side of me her smile drops and her eyes grow wide. She freezes, looking like a statue.

'Oh, hey hunny. I met your ex-boyfriend, very nice guy.' Ralf says to her in a fake lovey-dovey voice. How ever it is very convincing. A small , worried smile rests on Eden's face, where as a smug one sits on Ralf's.

The girl with the golden hair is still staring at me, she's smiling at me but she's also biting her lip. Her eyelashes batting at me. Eden is trying to make me jealous. Well, I guess two can play that game.

I stand up and walk over to the girl - I don't know her name. I put my hand out for her to shake. She gladly accepts.

'Hi, I'm Jesse and you are...' I trailer off wait for her to answer.

'Aubrey. I'm Aubrey Pines.' Her face turns scarlet as the blood rises to her cheeks. I must admit that she is good looking, pretty. I might also say beautiful. But she's nothing compared to my Eden.

'You talk about him all the time. You said everything about him and I know you said he was sexy, charming and hot. But you never told me he looked like the gods created him!' Aubrey said openly. She's obviously not as shy as she seems. I'm quite flattered that she said I looked like I was created about the gods. A smile formed as I glanced over at Eden. A whirlpool of emotions on her face. She's blushing because of what Aubrey said, nervous in case Ralf messes things up and reveals he's her brother. But I can mainly see anger, I mean who could blame her. Her friend is flirting with her ex-boyfriend. I know I'd be hurt if Aaron flirted with Eden. Or Kade would be mad if I flirted with Beth.