Chapter 14: Headlines

Start from the beginning

   "You don't understand!" he exclaimed, punching the desk with his fists once again. "She is not like any other girl. We don't know how the world will react when they know she lives with famous boyband One Direction." He was right. Nothing really happened and (according to the article) fans were already thinking I was dating her. Damn.

   "So, what are we gonna do now?" Niall asked to cut right to the chase of the matter. That was 1/endless number of qualities I liked in Niall Horan.

   Simon leaned back in his seat and sighed. "First we will wait and see what will happen. But sooner or later we will have to decide whether to deny her existance or fully admit it."

   I swallowed. I had seen the hate that any girl got if she was connected to One Direction in any way. They even tore mine and Perrie's relationship apart. Jenan was way too good to be bullied by obsessive fans. But how can we deny her existance when she was captured with me on that goddamn photo? And if we acknowledge her.. will we destroy her life? At one point I agreed with Simon: we should wait and see.

   "You are excused." Simon said and we all turned around to reach the door. "Except you three." He continued, pointing at Harry, Louis and me. Niall and Liam looked at each other and left Simon's office to wait for us outside.

   "I don't want anyone of you to be seen in public like this." Simon said pointing at our faces. "Wear some glasses, take an aspirin and don't leave the flat, got it?!" Too bad this **** article had to come out on the day we three had a total hangover. Simon always gets furious when he knows we went clubbing.

   "Alright, Uncle Si." Harry muttered.

   "Whatever." He answered. "And now get out of my sight."

**

   "I'll get ready for the dinner tonight, okay?" Jenan said two days later with a smile around her mouth which surprised me utterly. For a few days she had acted a bit coldly towards us, specially Louis, Harry and me. We didn't know why and we didn't dare to ask her. We seemed to have annoyed her by something and we hoped she would either talk to us about it or let it go.

   I nodded. "Sure." We had planned a cosy dinner, inviting Eleanor for Louis' sake. The boys were out now, buying some stuff for tonight. I couldn't wait till Eleanor would finally meet Jenan and tell me what she thought about her, I always appreciated El's opinion. Of course I knew that they both had met not a long time ago, but on that day Eleanor was too distracted by Louis to spend enough time with our guest and actually get to know her. I hoped she would have a bigger chance today.

   Jenan had already reached the stairs when she turned around and pointed at the cocktail table. "Oh, and if Leesha calls, then please pick up and tell her that I'll call her back, she had sent me an SMS which sounded quite urgend and I don't want her to think I'm ignoring her, alright?"

   I smiled. "Alright." I didn't believe that her friend would call her right at the moment when she was getting ready. That would be quite a coincidence.

   But coincidences happen, so while Jenan was upstairs in the bathroom, her mobile phone rang and it was her friend Leesha. I thought this would be the perfect chance to tell her about my idea of her coming to us to London and spending some days with Jenan so I picked up.

   "Hi, this is Zayn. Jenan had told me to pick up if you called her." I said.

    I heard a gasp at the other end of the phone. "You are kidding."

    "Umm, well.. no. She really told me to pick up, because she's busy n—"

    "Yes, yes." The girl interrupted me. "I actually was wondering if I was really talking TO ZAYN MALIK OF ONE DIRECTION!??" I winced when she yelled the last words.