.crystallize.

THIRD POV

In the morning, Amaria wakes up when her alarm goes off. She gets out of bed and gets ready for the day. By the time that she's done, Kailo is up rolling around.

She goes into his nursery and takes him out of the crib. She kisses his cheeks as she gets him ready. She hears shuffling in the hallway and remembers that Demetrius is there. She looks at the clock before getting Kailo's clothes on.

When she's finished with that, she takes him downstairs to the kitchen. She thaws out some breastmilk and warms it for him. As she's feeding him, she checks her emails and social media pages.

There's nothing out of the ordinary. Her manager texted her this morning about the Normani video shoot. She gave her the video shoot addresses for all three days.

Demetrius comes downstairs and tries to give Amaria a kiss on the cheek. She dodges it and looks at him.

"You have to go. My moms gonna be here soon for Kailo and I don't feel like explaining why you're in my house." She says and he looks at her.

"What you mean? This is your house. You don't have to explain anything to anybody."

"You know what I mean. Just get your stuff and go. You shouldn't have even come over here last night. You need to talk to a lawyer, which I am not." She tells him and he furrows his brows.

"You really been acting funny as hell since your baby daddy came around."

"I'm not acting funny, I'm acting accordingly. Now go. I don't need my mom seeing you here." She holds her ground and he smacks his lips before going to get his coat and putting his shoes on.

"I'll be back." He says and Amaria screw faces him as she closes the door.

30 minutes later and her mother is at the door. She comes inside for a few minutes to use the bathroom. When she comes out, she asks about Jimin's time with Kailo.

"He said that they pretty much played and slept all day. Kai had a good day for his daddy yesterday." She coos the last part to him as she gets him strapped into his car seat.

"That's good. He texted me early this morning about coming to see him today while he has a break. He said he'll get about an hour but he wants to use it to see Kai."

Amaria nods as she texts her driver. "That's good. He really likes spending time with him."

"He's his son. I would be worried if he didn't." Her mother says and she looks at her.

"I know that. I'm just saying."

"Saying what? He's trying, Mari. Give yourself a break."

"I don't need a break, I'm a mom. I have to make sure that Kailo is good."

"And he is. You're not the only one making sure of that anymore. You know that, right?" She asks and Amaria looks at her. The older woman sighs as she grabs her grandson's car seat. "Your father said he expects you by the house for dinner sometime this week."

Realization smacks Amaria. Jimin is going to her parents house for the first time and might be meeting her father if he's downstairs. She never told Jimin about her father's sickness or anything about him in specifics.