.x ray.

AMARIA POV

Composed enough to get through this without bursting into tears is all that I can label myself as. I walk to the door to answer it for Jimin and his girlfriend.

My mother is in the kitchen washing out Kailo's bottles that she didn't get a chance to clean before she brought him. Ivelisse is with him in the living room.

"Hey." I say to Jimin before looking to his girlfriend. I recognize her as the woman he was speaking with last night at the show. "Hello."

I step out of the way for them to come in. Jimin shows her where to put her shoes on the mat. "My mother is here but she'll be leaving soon. She's just cleaning bottles."

"Oh, okay. I can meet her too then." Jimin says as we walk. We get into the kitchen and my mom turns as she puts the bottles on the drying rack. She dries her hands on the towel.

"Oh hey. Nice of you to stop by." My mom jokes and Jimin's face starts turning pink. "I'm Annette, Amaria's mom."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Jimin and this is my girlfriend, Yujin." She shakes both of their hands before putting her coat on.

"Alright. I should get going. Your father probably fell asleep on the couch watching Martin again. I'll see you later, baby." My mother hugs me and then goes to the living room.

She hugs Ivelisse goodbye and then pinches Kai's cheeks. He giggles loudly. "I'll see you too, mister man." I follow her down and the hall and lock the door after she leaves.

When I get back to the kitchen, Ivelisse is handing Kailo to Jimin as he and his Yujin take her spot on the couch.

"Guys, this is my best friend and Kai's godmother, Ivelisse. Ive, this is Jimin and Yujin."

"It's nice to meet you both." They shake hands and return the sentiment. "I'll be upstairs. I have somebody to curse out." She smiles at me and my eyes widen. "Not him, girl. For me."

"Oh." I put my hand on my chest. "Don't do that. Go upstairs. You playing with me." She laughs as she walks upstairs.

I shake my head and sit in the recliner. "Sorry. It's nice to meet you. I'm Amaria." I introduce myself to his girlfriend.

"Nice to meet you, too." She says.

"He feels heavier." Jimin lifts Kailo up and down. He giggles and Jimin cheeses at him.

"He is. He's a pound bigger since last month. His next appointment is in three months so he'll probably get a lot bigger by then. His doctor said he'll be having a growth spurt soon."

"What~. You're getting so big. This is crazy." Jimin stares at him and he starts cheesing with his two teeth.

"So, I'm sure you have questions or concerns. I spoke to Jimin over the phone last week and I know that there's probably a lot of things going on in your mind right now." I address Yujin. I want to clear things up so that there's no awkwardness between us.

If she's dating his father, then I should be cordial with her at the very least. If we click and become closer than that, then that's also a plus.