𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑. 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

Start from the beginning

How everything should be like in the first place.

No more games. No more being commanded. No more drama.

The physical bullying Sewon wanted her to do? She will never do that.

Ji Geon swept all the doubtful thoughts in her mind, the emotional rollercoaster inside forcing to make another round.

The girl stood up from her seat and began to take heavy steps towards the classroom.

"Hi? Can I please see JinRin? The student council has something up" Ji Geon muttered out, head peeking through the unfamiliar classroom which had just ended lesson.

JinRin noticeably gave a confused look as she reluctantly made her way to the door.

"But the didn't Mr Yong say- "

"It's not about council.. it's about what actually happen"

"Look JinRin, I'm sorry but you got to listen to me"

JinRin eyebrows formed a disbelieving frown.

"Only if it's not nonsense"

"Is the truth nonsense?" Ji Geon looked at JinRin, expecting a reaction.

"Continue"

Biting down her lips, Ji Geon stuttered out,
"I was threatened to be like this and do all the nasty things I do"

"What do you mean?" JinRin questioned, baffled by the sudden attack of information.

Ji Geon slightly lifted her head, cold sweat started forming on her forehead.
Her breathing halted and took a small glance at JinRin who only stared back at her blank eyed.

Sighing, the defeated girl spilled, "Sewon.. it's Sewon.. these past years she has threatened me to be her puppet, run her errands and be someone I'm not"

"If I had not followed her demands, I would have ended up like many of her previous preys"

"But isn't she in a coma?" JinRin asked, arms now crossed.

"She faked it, she faked her illness. Her fall was not as bad as it was perceived to be. In the end, she faked the whole scene as well and blamed it on me"

"That's a lot to take in.."

"I know you won't believe me but you're the only person that I could tell.. after all the drama, I don't think any of them will trust me at all"

JinRin gave the girl a pair of sympathetic eyes, knowing well she wasn't putting on a show anymore.

The arrogance Ji Geon had once shown, was indeed just a thin wall to build up all the truth.

Before the girls knew it, tears started to flow down Ji Geon's cheeks, the floodgates unable to hold back no more.

"Hey... but what's the point of telling me?"

"I just needed to let it out.. also Sewon wanted me to beat you up.. that was it for me, I can't go any further than that"

"It's way over the line for me"

"But how do I know you're not lying"

"You will know when I'm not in this school anymore"

"What do you mean?"

"Sewon will get me expelled and will threaten to harm my family.. so either ways I have to return back to my hometown"

"Ji Geon.. I- " taking a deep breath, JinRin thought for a moment, processing all the information she was getting at once.

But luckily, she managed to piece everything together.

"I'll help you"

"wha-"

"What you need is moral support, for someone to trust you.."

"Remember that you're never in the wrong, in the past. And I'm sure we can expose Sewon's evil deeds"

"Thank you.. so much for trusting me.. but I don't understand.."

"Understand what?"

"How easy it was for me to gain your trust.."

"Ji Geon, although I've never been involved in any of the drama.. but I've been inspecting and I managed to pieces everything up"

"and it started to make sense to me why you acted so.."

"But I also hope you are not lying to me.. I would be a fool if you were"

"No-no I'm only saying the truth right now. I'm sorry for pulling you into this but I really need help and I had no one.."

"I believe you" JinRin gave her a weak smile.

"I knew you hadn't changed.. you were emotionally struck when you realised Chaewon was here"

"And even so, you stuttered and hesitated every verbal insult you said"

"Haha.. was my cover that bad"

Ji Geon smiled a little, feeling much better after getting it off her chest.

"See you around Ji Geon.. we'll figure something out"

"Wait.. you're actually going to help me?"

The girl nodded her head lightly.

"it's the only way for the drama to end"

"and for you to have the justice you deserve"