Just For You

A/N: tysm @1Mando for this request (sorry I tried to do the mando perspective and i'm not sure if i like how it turned out), also if any of yall wanna request too just ask and you shall recieve 🙃 oh and btw i have no clue where that sword is from but it's now y/n's. fight me.

Warnings: violence, death, unhelmeted din

Word count: 1118

I don't quite know when I realised. One moment ago, she was just another bounty hunter that Greef had tried pairing with me, another someone who would drag me down; the next it's as if everything around her is blurred, faded compared to her brightness, the way her soul shines. It crept up so slowly, advancing in brief spine tingling touches and heart lurching exchanged glances, and then suddenly it pounced, made itself known, even though it had been there for so long. She's so pure, so fierce, so deadly, and she's all I can see.

I can just about glimpse her now, she's moving so fast, an unstoppable whirlwind of flashing blades and blood, and even like this, I can easily tell she's not at her best. She's wounded and tired after sneaking in as a prisoner to get the bounty, and yet she's practically standing on a heap of Stormtrooper's bodies. It reminds me of the first time I ever saw her fight; we'd just collected the bounty, and some other hunters wanted to steal it off us - she'd cut through them in seconds, and then turned and smirked at me like she was reminding me she wasn't like the rest of the hunters Greef had tried to put me with.

Well, of course she's different. The other bounty hunters don't make my heart quicken in my chest when they look at me, slight smirks on their lips. The others don't make me feel at home when I speak to them, the others don't deserve my trust.

And then suddenly the last white clad body falls to the ground with a wet thump, and she stamps her boot down and yanks her sword out of it's chest where the blade went straight through the armour and out the other side. She glances over at me, breath coming out in pants, what I like to think of as an affectionate smile playing on her lips.

'Seriously, Mando? Since when did you become too lazy to help me out?'

I shrug. 'Since you became - '

Her eyes widen fractionally, focusing on something behind me at exactly the same moment that my instincts kick in, but not quite fast enough. Searing pain shoots through the gap between my pauldron and my vambrace on my left arm, and I fall to my knees as white momentarily flashes through my vision. I stagger to my feet, whirling around almost instantly, but she's already there, sword through the Stormtrooper's helmet, her face devoid of the normal smirk.

But I don't comment on it - no, I'm busy cursing myself. Cursing myself that I let myself get distracted by her, cursing myself for wanting her, cursing myself for falling for someone who will never love me back. (oops did not mean that to sound too pick me or angsty or anything so sorry about that)

She sheathes her sword in one graceful movement, slipping it into the scabbard at her back, and I can see her jaw is set as she looks straight at me with those stunning eyes of hers, reaching her hand out to me. Her fingertips lightly brush against the beskar of my breastplate, and I feel my breath hitch as if she's touching my skin.

'Are you okay?' Her voice is laced with frustration, and I nod.

'I'm fine. Are you?' I ask, gesturing to the wide slash on her forehead. She shrugs, her movements hard and angry.

'Let's get back to the Crest.'

------

As soon as the bounty's frozen in carbonite, she turns to me from where I'm sitting on one of the crates in the hull, my gloves off so I can prod at the blaster wound on my arm. Her fists clench by her sides as she slumps down beside me, refusing to look at me.

'That was my fault.'

I almost laugh. 'That's what you're angry about?'

'I should have seen the Stormtrooper coming sooner.' She snaps curtly. 'That wound on your arm is the result of my sloppiness.'

'Mine too,' I point out, trying to reason with her as she starts rummaging through the crates for the first aid kit. When she doesn't stop, I continue. 'You know, I've had worse. A lot worse.'

'And?' She growls, now weilding the first aid kit, walking over to me and grabbing my arm.

'And right now, you are fussing over - ' I wince as she swipes the wound with a wipe. ' - me.' I look up at her, see how she's blaming herself, and I soften my voice. 'Hey, Y/N.'

'What?' She snaps.

I grab her wrist, and it's like a spark shoots through me as I feel her warm skin on mine. The hairs on my arms rise, my breath catching in my throat as we both freeze at the contact. Her eyes flick to mine, and it's as if I'm not even wearing my helmet because she's looking right into my eyes, like there isn't an impenetrable mask of beskar between us - just like the first time I met her, in the cantina, and she looked right at me. And just like the first time, I'm drowning in her shrewd, cunning eyes, but now I also want nothing more than to kiss her, to feel her lips on mine, to let her... to let her see.

My hand has already come up, fingers hooking around the bottom of my helmet to yank it off before she's backing away, breaking our skin on skin contact, her eyes tightly shut.

'No,' she gasps. 'Mando, no. Don't - don't - '

'Look at me,' I answer. 'Please.'

'Your Creed, Mando, remember? The thing you swore yourself to at seventeen years old?' Her voice is high with desperation, slightly breathless, and I watch her flinch as the beskar hits the floor and rolls to rest at her feet. She looks more beautiful through my own eyes than I've ever imagined. I stand up, closing the gap between us in a few strides and cupping her face in my hands. She's trembling.

'Are you scared?'

She laughs. 'Of course I'm scared, Mando. I've never seen your face before, and suddenly I know that if I open my eyes I'll - I'll see you. And you know what? I'm scared because I want to.' She drops her head, cheeks flushing. 'Don't tempt me, Mando.'

'Compared to you, my Creed is nothing. Y/N, I... I want you to see too.' As soon as the words leave my lips, a weight lifts off my chest, and I brush my fingers over her cheek. 'Just for me?'

She's silent for a moment, then she speaks, her voice trembling. 'J - just for you,' she whispers, and her eyelids flutter open.

HAHA SORRY IF THERE ARE SPELLING MISTAKES I DIDNT PROOF READ VERY WELL