44. Because you are SLOW.

Start from the beginning

HONORABLE SHADOW PLUM

Kanae swings her blade in a circular motion and deflects every incoming attack.

FLOWER BREATHING
FIFTH FORM
PEONIES OF FUTILITY

Kanae unleashes a flurry of nine consecutive attacks from all directions which slashes Akime from all directions.

FLOWER BREATHING
THIRD FORM
SLASH OF THE  LILY

Kanae swings her blade horizontally with a strong force which decapitates Akime again.

Satoshi - Will she die now? OH!! I CAN MOVE NOW!

Satoshi then gets up and unsheathes his katana.

Kanae - Satoshi-kun, can you let me handle this one?

Satoshi - Sure. Let me see what you got.

He then looks at Shirosuke only to find him smirking.

In the blink of an eye, he cuts Shirosuke's forehead (lightly) only for it to heal.

Satoshi - My suspicions were correct. You are a demon as well, aren't you?

Shirosuke - You found out, huh? Well, yes, I m a demon too and all those stories which I told you were fake. I made them up on the spot.

Satoshi - I knew about it. When you were telling us those stories, you gave off the scent of lies. And one more thing about you is that the moment I entered this shop, you gave off no scent at all. You had neither a scent of a demon nor a human. So in simple  words, you were concealing it as well, isn't it?

Akime who had just attached her head spoke.

Akime - You are not only handsome, but you are smart as well. I love you now.

As soon as she said that, her head gets cut off again by Kanae.

Akime picks up the head and reattaches it again.

Akime - YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEFEAT US LIKE THAT!

Shirosuke - NEE-SAN! BLOOD DEMON ART : SPEED!!

In insane speed, Shirosuke picks up Akime and vanishes out of the shop.

Kanae - NOW WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GO!!??

Satoshi - Don't worry about that. They went to the left. We can find them. By the way, did you realise that Akime used the word 'us' and as she said that, Shirosuke shouted at her and he picked her up and ran way?

Kanae - *realises what he is implying to* Ohhhhh.....I get it. We need to cut their heads off at the same time.

Satoshi - Exactly.

Kanae - Well then, let's follow them.

And with that, the two Hashiras also ran off from the shop and started following the demons in their full speed.

Akime - WHAT ARE YOU DOING, SHIROSUKE!?? WHY ARE YOU RUNNING!??

Shirosuke - BECAUSE YOU ARE STUPID, YOU MIGHT HAVE JUST GIVEN THEM THE WAY TO DEFEAT US! WHY DID YOU USE THE WORD 'US'?!!?

All of a sudden, the two demons hears the sound of two people running towards them. That's when they see Satoshi and Kanae running towards them in full speed.

Shirosuke stops and puts down Akime and seeing this, Satoshi and Kanae stops as well. They are facing each other with a distance of about 15 metres away from each other.

Shirosuke - HOW THE HELL DID YOU GUYS CATCH UP TO ME!!?!

Satoshi and Kanae - *simultaneously* Because you are -

In less than a second, Satoshi cuts off Shirosuke's head while Kanae cuts off Akime's head, simultaneously.

Satoshi and Kanae - *simultaneously* SLOW.

Satoshi - BREATH OF THE SUN : DANCE!

Kanae - FLOWER BREATHING : THIRD FORM : SLASH OF THE LILY!

Akime and Shirosuke turns into ash and they finally disappear.

Kanae - OH MY GOD! WE LOOKED SO COOL!!

Satoshi - Yeah, we looked so cool.

Kanae - It's already dark. Let's go back. Dad and mom must be worried.

Satoshi - Oh yeah! You are right. I completely forgot. Let's go back. And from tomorrow, we will start training for our SunFlower Breathing.

Kanae - I m so excited.

Satoshi - Me too.

And with that, the two lovebirds started heading home, hand in hand.

To be continued.........

1837 words.