1.02 - 𝙂𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙎𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙣

THE SCREW WAS tightened as Y/N finished turning the tool. His eyes were fixated on the project in front of him and tuned out his surroundings. Voices seemed muffled as he focused, and after a moment he finally heard his name being called.

"Y/N." Peter called out from the other side of the classroom. He grabbed a part from a case on the table. "Let's not forget this."

"Huh?" Y/N asked as he kept tightening some screws.

It was then when Peter threw the metal part at his friend, who swiftly caught it in the air before it could go over his head. Y/N looked at it and then back at Peter.

"How about a warning next time?"

"Well..." Peter glanced at the few others students working on their projects as he walked up to Y/N. "I figured you'd know how to catch."

Y/N chuckled as he placed the part on the table and the two friends continued their work.

Midtown was hosting a science fair in two weeks which Y/N and Peter entered. The school partnered with the city to recognize the innovating young minds within, and their top prize was $20,000.

The two friends were confident they could win, more so Y/N. Peter had his doubts, but couldn't deny the fact that his intellect combined with Y/N's could do it.

And the project they were doing was sure going to be special.

It was after school and they worked for about an hour more until they noticed students starting to leave. Y/N and Peter thought they could work some more, but then a familiar face walked into the classroom.

"Hey, guys." Gwen greeted as she went up to their table.

Peter gave a smile as he looked up from the project. "Hey!"

"Hi." Y/N greeted back as he kept working.

"What are you doing here?" Peter asked, his attention now only on Gwen.

"I had some things to do."

Y/N finally looked up at the blonde and took off his protective eyewear. "Please don't tell me you signed up for the fair."

"No, I haven't." She said with a chuckle.

There was a sigh of relief between the two friends. If they had to be honest, Gwen was the smartest in their friend group and would blow the competition away if she entered the science fair. A part of them thought Gwen decided not to participate just so she could see them win.

Gwen continued. "I volunteered to help Ms. Warren after school. I just got done."

"With what? Uh...I could've helped. You know Ms. Warren loves me." Peter said.

"And leave me alone with our project?" Y/N asked.

"I would've come back."

"Sure."

"I would've! It's always good to help a friend in need."

"Sure."

Gwen laughed. "It was nothing special, Pete. But I'll remember you next time I need a knight in shining armor."

"