|𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

It was a long day for Jungkook

It was a long day for Jungkook. After he got home, he quickly changed his clothes and took an shower to freshen up.

At 10 p.m, when he finished his shower and sat on the bed to turn on his phone, he heard a door getting open.

'probably mom and dad'

He quickly checked the notifications he got on his phone. Once he didn't find anything important, he turned off the phone, put it on his bed to lay down and try to sleep.

He was so sleepy that he thought he would sleep right away, but for some reasons, whenever he closed his eyes the small girl's words came back to his mind.

Flashback, some hours ago

"I missed you, my handsome uncle"

Achara looked at him taking the bouquet from her hands to his nose, to smell the good-smelling flowers.

Just when he gave a worker the flowers to put them in the kitchen, a young woman made her way to them.

Without noticing she smiled a bit and wished Jungkook all the best with his new work.

"I told mommy to bring me here because I wanted to eat something, my handsome bunny uncle"

As soon as Achara told him so, he thought about cooking her something he learned lately to practise more and to let the girl taste it.

"then let's go to the kitchen to cook. Do you want to help me?"

Both left the young woman alone and walked to the kitchen.

"Come with us mommy"

Lisa refused saying she will talk with her aunt Jisoo a little bit.

Without telling her again, Achara ran to the kitchen and smilingly looked at every worker there.

Jungkook was so peacefully cutting the vegetables and roasting the beef, that he didn't notice the small girl beside him struggling to keep something inside her. She looked like she wanted to say something.

"C-can I call you daddy?"

At first Jungkook didn't bother to look at her, he thought it was someone else talking to another person.

After he finally cut all the vegetables, Achara again asked him. This time a little bit louder.

"Can I call you daddy?"

Jungkook stood still like a statue and just looked at her.

'Did I not hear her right?'

"what?"

"Can I call you daddy?"

It took Jungkook two more minutes to understand her sentence and think properly.

'she wants to call me daddy?'

Jungkook put the vegetables on a side and looked at Achara with sad eyes.

He knows the most how it feels like to want to have someone to call daddy.

He kneeled down to reach her hight and took her hands in his.

"Achara, it's not right to call me daddy"

"why isn't it right? Uncle Tae told me the same thing"

What could he tell her now? What could he tell a 4 year-old girl why she shouldn't call him dad?

"Achara, you're my princess, you know it right?-"

The girl nodded her head and kept looking at him.

"but you can't call me daddy. You call your dad, daddy, not everyone"

'This wasn't a good explanation Jungkook'

"you call the person your mother made you with dad. The first man you saw when you opened your eyes"

Achara gave all her attention to Jungkook and listened carefully to his words.

"My mommy said it was uncle Tae. But he told me it's not right to call him daddy"

She found herself dumbfounded again. The one is saying she can call him daddy, but the other one is saying she can't because it's not right.

"can I call you daddy?"
She didn't have any other choice left, except for making him feel guilty with her sad voice and puppy eyes.

What could Jungkook do, except for agreeing to the girl out of guilt? She looked so sad and Jungkook being a soft man, couldn't stop himself from feeling sad when he heard her voice.

"okay fine, you can call me daddy! But don't call me that in front of other people"

Even though Achara didn't understand why she shouldn't, she agreed with a big and wide smile on her face. She walked closer to his legs and hugged them tightly.

"Thank you daddy. Now I have someone to call daddy like all the other kids at the park"

End of flashback

At 10:36 pm, Jungkook's eyes were still wide open. He wasn't sleepy anymore.

Ever since he got back from his work, he thought about telling his conversation with Achara to her mother. He can feel that she doesn't know anything about it.

He kept thinking if it was the right time to call someone. What if she's sleeping already?

'Ring'

'Ring'

'Ring'

Without thinking about it any more, Jungkook called Lisa and waited for her to pick up the phone. He couldn't stop thinking about the small girl's question.

"hello?"

It took Jungkook five seconds to notice that the girl answered his phone.

"hello, Jungkook?"

"Lisa I have to tell you something"

Without any greetings, the boy got straight to the point. He couldn't wait until tomorrow or any other day to tell her what he talked about with Achara.

After Lisa said that she is at Han River to take some fresh air since she couldn't sleep, Jungkook immediately changed his clothes and wore his jacket to drive there.

𝐓𝐛𝐜...
𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐥