Chapter Fifty

I was here day after day. Then days turned into weeks.

I think it's been a month. A month in this hell.

James has me training everyday with his other assassins, trying to use me in the upcoming war he claims he is going to start.

I don't mind the hard work. All the physical pain. All the anger leaving my body as I continue to push myself to the limits.

But I couldn't help my anger grow was I felt Kye's eyes stare at me from across the room as I pounded my fists into the punching bag.

I don't know why James put Kye in charge of training all of us. It was distracting; for everyone.

"Ok that's enough," I heard him shout over everyone, gesturing for all of us to come towards him.

"We're practicing in the ring today," he said, his eyes briefly meeting mine.

"But Kye, we just started," a girl said quickly, her sunken in eyes widening as she watched Kye clench his fists, not responding to her as he walked back.

"Tony and Paige," he said loudly, "you'll go first."

Both of them stepped onto the mat that sat in the middle of the room, bringing their fists up to block their face as they circled around each other.

"Remember," Kye said from the wall where he leaned against, his arms crossed as he focused on the two fighters.

"Watch your opponent, and most importantly their feet."

Both of them quickly checked their opponents feet, and one of them was smart enough to make the first move.

Paige plunged her fists into Tony's chest, but he quickly blocked her by a single push, making her fall to the ground.

I stayed back as the rest of the group walked forward, their eyes widening as they watched Tony kick Paige in the face.

I turned the other way, making my way to wash the blood off of my hands.

"You need to wrap your hands."

I quickly shut off the sink, closing my eyes as I turned to see who spoke to me.

"I don't need your input," I spat out, brushing past Kye.

He grabbed my arm, quickly glancing down at my bloody fingers.

"James doesn't want you hurt-"

"Fuck you," I said, ripping my arm free. "You need to leave me alone."

I watched as his eyes narrowed, his hand releasing itself from my arm.

We heard cheers from the ring, and a body being dragged to the closest chair.

"Aliyah in the ring," he yelled towards everyone, his eyes still directly on mine.

He grabbed my arm again, this time squeezing so tight I winced.

"After this fight, you're going to wish I killed you in those woods a long time ago."

I stepped away from him, anger flushed throughout my body.

"Go to hell," I spat out, making my way towards the ring.

I watched their eyes on me as I walked by, most of them on Kye who walked behind me.

I waited for him to call the second name, but it never came. And I was even more confused when he jumped into the ring with me.

A wicked smile grew on his face, stretching his neck as he looked at my face.

"What's wrong Aliyah?" He smiled, "scared?"

"You wish," I said, putting my hands up, adjusting my feet as he started to walk towards me.

He made the first move, and I watched as his foot stepped towards me, and I blocked away his punch.

I quickly grabbed his forearm, swinging my legs to take him down. But he soon stopped me, slamming me down.

I recovered, not letting him get the advantage. I pounced back up, using my body wait to lunge towards him, using my hand to jam his throat.

He gasped for air, but soon wiped away the pain and elbowed me in the side, moving his body around mine to get behind me.

I kicked backwards, hitting his crotch and turning myself towards him, grabbing his neck and kneeing him in the stomach over and over again.

He used both hands and grabbed my thigh, flipping me over so that way I landed with a thud on my stomach on the ground.

I groaned out as I sat back up, kicking his feet out from underneath him and getting on top, placing my elbow on his throat.

"Bitch," I whispered in his ear, applying more pressure, his hands slowly travelling from my thighs that straddled his hips to my waist.

One set of applause echoed across the silent room, and I quickly got off of Kye, who's eyes travelled along my body, and I watched as they saddened when they reached my face.

He cleared his throat as he sat up, wiping off the dust from the floor.

"That was a hell of a fight," James said, a wide smile on his face as his eyes set on mine.

"But I think that's enough training today Aliyah, hm?"

I nodded, briefly glancing at Kye as I stood up, following James, clenching my bloody fists at my side.

I really should wrap my hands.