Chapter Twenty Six

It was tomorrow.

Our wedding day was approaching quickly and I didn't know what to do.

Kye hasn't talked to me since, and I couldn't help but still think about our kiss.

This time it felt real, like he meant it.

His mother's words echoed in my mind, and I groaned into the pillow.

It was the night before, and I couldn't fall asleep, I couldn't think

I took a sip of my water, and sat there, uneasiness setting in quickly.

I took off the covers and walked to the door, not bothering to cover up my exposed body.

The small night gown hugged my body, a comfortable slip for me to fall asleep in.

I checked the time before I opened the door

11:23

"Okay," I sighed, opening the door and stepping out into the quiet hallway.

My bare foot steps lightly sounded against the floor, the cool nights air making me shiver and rub my arms together.

I don't know why I was out here, I just needed to escape, escape those four walls of the guest bedroom.

I walked down the steps and through another hallway, reaching the kitchen and opening the fridge door.

I searched the shelves, looking for anything strong that would calm my nerves.

I found a bottle of vodka in the back, and the memories of the night Kye and I got drunk flooded my mind.

I shook it off and grabbed the bottle, not caring about a glass.

I opened the patio door, the porch being lit up by the outside fairy lights that hung from the house wall and onto a post that sat at the end of the deck.

I turned to sit in the patio chairs, but I jumped when someone was already sitting in a spot, Kye's eyes directly on mine as he took a swig of a beer.

"Oh-" I said shortly, "sorry."

He didn't say anything as he motioned for me to sit down, his eyes trailing to my chest and then to my lower body.

I quietly sat down, taking a large sip from the bottle.

All I could hear was the sound of crickets and the light breeze that made me shiver.

"Are you cold?" He asked suddenly, his eyes still on me as I looked at him.

I scoffed in disbelief. "Those are the first words you say to me?"

He clenched his jaw, gulping down a large amount of beer.

"You're an asshole, you yell at me and then you kiss me?" I said raising my voice, his eyes now focused on the moving leaves of the tree.

"You leave me for days without speaking to me, just completely left me clueless." I shouted.

I pressed my tongue to the side of my cheek, trying to stop the tear that was threatening to leave.

"And even-" my voice shook, "even when you knew how scared I was for this wedding, you just left."

My voice was barely a whisper now, my hands clenching the bottle as I stared at the floor.

When I looked up, he was staring at me, the beer bottle now on the table.

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair, clenching his jaw tightly as he looked back at me.

"You confuse me, so much I don't know what to fucking do," he said.