Chapter Seven

"How many guards?" Kye asked as I walked up to him, our bodies hidden behind a large rock on the other side of the warehouse.

"Sixteen," I answered, crouching down beside him.

He hummed at my comment, his eyes fully trained on the moving guards that sat at each entrance, and paced on each balcony.

"There has to be an opening somewhere," he murmured to himself, his cold gaze turning to me once more.

"Wait here," he said, slowly making his way toward a large tree on the other side.

I rolled my eyes, watching as he followed the line of trees to the opposite side of the warehouse, his steps so careful I almost forgot he was there.

"Wait here," I mocked to myself, the distance feeling of pure hatred filling my insides as I stared back at the warehouse, searching for movement, an opening; anything.

My eyes snagged on the lower part of the building, a clear door sitting at the bottoms edge.

My eyes widened, looking to where I saw Kye last and back to the door, a light smile on my face.

I quickly grabbed my gun, clocking it as I stalked closer, my movements steady.

I saw an opening, a passage where no guards stood. All I had to do was wait for the guard on the top balcony to turn the other way.

I stood behind another rock, hoping my body was hidden with the darkness of the night.

When I saw the guard turn the other way, I bolted, running straight for the hidden door.

I prayed that it wasn't locked, and I felt my thoughts wizz around as I ran. Thinking about how loud my steps were, and the thought of Kye catching me.

But as soon as I opened the door, they vanished, and I let out a breath of relief.

I stepped down the blank hallway, the white walls almost blinding me as I walked.

The sudden sound of footsteps made me halt, and I held my breath as I stepped behind a wall.

"What do we have here?" A slick voice said from behind me, and I felt a cold hand touch my shoulder.

I whipped around, taking the handle of my gun and jabbing it into the person face.

I saw as they faltered back, but didn't pay attention to it any longer when the rest of the group came hurtling toward me, all of their guns pointed and ready to shoot.

I ducked down before I heard the row of shots being fired, and I used my legs to kick back up again, taking two of the men down with me.

I took my gun and shot one of them in the chest, and the other in the throat, their bodies sprawling on the floor underneath me.

I swiftly got up, careful not to stay in one spot for too long.

The last two was a man and a woman, a sly smirk on their faces as they lunged for me.

I quickly grabbed the dagger on my thigh, turning away from the leaping girl and slicing her in the throat.

I wasn't fast enough to recover from my movement, and the last man grabbed me from behind, slamming my back against his front.

"No where to run, pretty girl," he whispered in my ear, his gun pressed firmly to my scull.

"Maybe I should have a little fun with you before I kill you? I love the feisty ones."

Before I could move or say anything, I felt his body slump away from mine, blood pooling from his head as he fell to the floor.

When I looked up, I was met with the fuming eyes of Kye, his gun lowering as his nostrils flared.

He quickly advanced toward me, grabbing both of my hands and slamming me against the wall.

"Don't you ever disobey me again," he said, almost shouting in my face.

"Don't tell me what to do," I spat back, my eyes squinting in anger as I bored my eyes into his, our faces so close I could feel his breath against mine.

"You could of got fucking killed," he started, "and you know who's hands your blood would be on?" He asked. "Mine."

"I don't fucking care," I gritted out, pushing him away from me, but his hands felt like clamps around my wrists, pinning me at the wall.

"Watch yourself Aliyah, you're playing a dangerous game," he whispered harshly.

"If I ever catch you doing something you're not supposed to do, I will gut you myself. Understood?"

I didn't respond, nor did I nod. "Fuck off," I spat, but I sucked in a sharp breath when his hands went to my throat.

He didn't squeeze tight, but enough to make me light headed.

"Understood?" He repeated, and with every passing moment his grip got tighter.

My legs wobbled underneath me, and I wrapped them around his waist, pushing myself against the wall.

He fell backwards, his body slamming against the tile with me on top of him.

I grabbed the small dagger at my ankle, pressing it against his throat tightly.

I went closer to his face, then I moved to he ear, a sweet tone on my voice as I said my next words.

"I'm not going to say this twice," I started sweetly, and then switched it quickly, the blade digging deeper as my voice went harsh. "Don't tell me what to do."

The sound of a clicking gun at the side of my head made me briefly close my eyes, and when I pulled back, his mouth wore a dangerous smirk.

He was too fast when he sat up, moving my body underneath his, the dagger dropping to the ground beside me.

"And I'm not going to say this twice, if you disobey me one more time, I will take you off every single mission."

I gulped as he straddled me, one hand on the side of my face and the other holding the gun to my head.

"I will ruin your life, shred it to pieces." He whispered to me, the smirk turning into a disappointment frown.

"Understood?" He asked again, his tone threatening.

Every part of me burned with anger and hatred, and I fully regretted my next words, the simple phrase tasting like venom on my tongue.

"Understood."