My Teacher Tries To Eat Me.

Um, im new to this, plus im bored, and i have no life. So, i guess i hope you like it.

-Slinkyyy ♧

---

Once I was born, I was the casted out, weird, troubled girl in the family. While everyone liked playing ball or dress up when they're five, I liked doing dare devil kind of stuff and getting into trouble, though I never mean to. I try to be kind, but everyone, including my mom, shut me out and pretended I didn't exist.

I had one friend, Henry. He was a weird guy, had dark, wavy hair, he was really scrawny and had a little bit of scruff on his chin. He was pale and soft. He always wore a snap back that said 'Cowtown' on it. He and I always hung out and we would get into trouble with the smallest situations possible. I get detention almost everyday because I always made a mistake.

"Morning-River!" My teacher, Ms. Spanner said.
Yeah, my name is Morning-River, I was named based on my personality, before I became a troublemaker. People call me River, though.
"Yes Ms. Span?" I said, trying to be nice, though I wanted to throw a book at her.
"In my office, NOW!" she gave me the death look, she always exaggerated about everything I did.
"Do you have anything to say about this?" she pointed, I tried so hard not to laugh at the tear on her long skirt. Oops, totally forgot about that. I said in my head. Last night, i broke in the school and superglued her seat, I made sure I used a bunch.
"Ma'am, I have no clue what you're talking about." I said with a straight face.
"You know exactly what I'm talking about!" I could have sworn I saw her eye pupils went in flames, but immediately vanished. Sometimes I thought she was a whole nother species. One time I thought I saw her fingers had long black talons when she was writing, but once I blinked, they were ordinary nails. She was looking at me, as if she wanted to either punnish me, or eat me.

After I got out of detention, I went to my dorm room, finding Henry there, eating Lays chips and playing Bioshock.
"Hey, buddy," I sat next to him, "Those chips are mine." I glared at him, but I was smirking.
"Correction, were yours," we both laughed and I took the bag,"Hey! I wasn't done eating those!" he exclaimed.
"We aren't even supposed to have these here." I said. I always snuck in foods I wasn't allowed to eat. They can't stop me from what type of food I eat. It's life.
"Like you ever listen!" Henry took the bag from me.
"Lemme play," I said and took the conrtoller, "seriously? On easy? What a rookie!" Suddenly I heard someone outside my door, as if they're eavesdropping on us.
"I'm going to check it out," I whispered, "Stay here." I went and peeked through the peep hole. I took a couple of steps back really fast once I saw some kind of ugly creature. "Whoa." I looked back slowly, but nothing was there.
"What?" Henry asked.
"Nothing. It's nothing." I went back and just rested my head on him.

I realized I fell asleep on him and looked at the time.
"Henry! Get up! We're seriously late for mythology class!" I pushed him off the couch and he said, "those cans are mine!" and punched the air.
"Wha..." He suddenly realized he was on the floor.
I grabbed another shirt off the ground and changed. Metallica, comfy. I brushed my teeth and flipped my long, thick hair. Henry was at the door with my books and we ran out the dorm, hoping no one saw us. If we got caught, they'd have many questions on why we were together all night.

"You're late, again." Mr. Dunkin said, sighing while I walked towards my seat.
"Better late than never." I said under my breath. He shot a look at me, I smiled.
"Okay kids, open your books to page 175. We'll be learning about the greek gods and titans. After, write a full page on one of each god and titan, you get to choose," He paused, "Tomorrow, it's weapon day." He smiled and the class became excited.
I loved this subject, not the teacher. I also loved reading, but it was hard to when words came off the book. It made me want to burn it. When I went to my math class with Ms. Span, I realized she wasn't there, a sub took her place.

After Henry and I were done for school, we head back to my room. When I was about to unlock it, I noticed the door was already cracked open.
"Did we leave the door open?" I asked, Henry shook his head and shrugged.
"I hope nobody went in my damn room, I swear if anyone did...God only knows what." I opened the door and my place was a bit of a mess, well, more messy than how I left it. I dropped my stuff, took a bat, and looked in my mini kitchen.
Henry said, "River? I think I hear something over there." He was shaking with fear as he pointed to my room.
I marched right in there and was forced to dunk as a the same hideous creature dove towards me. What was that? I said in my head.
"Little girl! I know who you finally are! I am done waiting to eat you, I'm so hungry for your flesh!" I dropped the bat in shock. It sounded like Ms. Span.
"Henry! Look out!" I yelled. The red-eyed monster charged at him, "Whoa! Watch it, thing!" Henry was naturally clumsy, so he tripped over his feet and landed on his face.
"Come here, Troublemaker. You'll pay for the glue incident! And my new skirt! But that doesn't matter, Hon. I'm starving." she smirked and gave me the death look, Ms. Span! She's a monster!
"Sup, ugly! Hm, I'm not surprised on who you really are. Just fits you!" I shouldn't have said those words the moment they came out. She came right after me.
"Hey! Take this!" Henry took out a necklace. I didn't know what I was supposed to do with it until I grabbed the emerald tight in my grip. It suddenly became two daggers.
"Sweet, I can totally dig with these." I smiled and took charge with the Bronze weapons. I missed as she jumped and landed behind me.
"Behind you!" Henry yelled.
I turned and yelped as she did the mistake to run close to my face, my hands both jabbed out and now were both in her stomach.
"Whoops." I let go of the blades as she dispersed into golden dust.
"What on earth just happened? I put my hands on my mouth in shock.
"Sorry you had to find out this way, but it was bound to happen. Especially because you're 15. That was a gorgon, but we don't have time to explain. We have to leave, now."

We both packed up some belongings. I had the now necklace once again around my neck. We snuck out of school around midnight and had little money, but enough to go in the bus.
"Where are we going?" I asked, totally lost.
"We are going on the bus to New York, in Long Island." He smiled.
"Why?" I didn't like the sound of that part of place, especially if we're going there from Arizona.
"Where you'll be safe, at this camp for us." He skipped and pulled my arm, we sat at the bus stop going to New York.
"Whippie..." I said, still not looking forward to a long ride. After what felt like so long, the bus finally came and we went on to our journey.

***************************************

So? What did you guys think?

Dont be a silent reader 📖

Please vote, comment, share, and follow me for more!

Thank you,

Slinkyyy ♧