He looked at them apprehensively, but he nodded, swallowing them and taking a small sip of water.

I set the glass down gently on the nightstand and crawled into bed next to him.

His eyes were already getting heavy, but he was blinking furiously to stay awake.

It was kind of sad knowing that he was this scared to fall asleep.

"It's alright," I murmured, "Just go to sleep, Harry. You're exhausted."

Harry regarded me sleepily.

"Don't wanna have nightmares," he mumbled, but he shut his eyes regardless.

A minute later, the room was filled with the sounds of his heavy snores.

I never understood how exactly Louis had put up with it. It sounded like a bloody chainsaw.

Which would explain why, once I fell asleep, I dreamed that I was running away from Woody from Toy Story as he chased me with a chainsaw.

I woke up, still a little tired, but the kind of tired where I knew I wouldn't fall back asleep if I tried.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

Harry was still sprawled out across the bed, and I rolled my eyes as he gave yet another incredibly loud snore.

Seriously. How the hell did Louis sleep with a snoring bed-hog on a daily basis?

No wonder Louis was so messed up.

I chuckled quietly at my own joke and slipped out of my room to go downstairs.

I made myself some breakfast and sat on a couch to eat it, lazily watching TV.

Someone knocked on my door. I suspected it was Niall or Zayn, or both, so I got up and opened it.

Louis stood on the other side, biting his lip as he looked at me.

"What do you want?" I asked.

He looked down. He almost appeared shy, and Louis was the least shy person I had ever met.

"Well...I want to talk to Harry and make him forgive me, but since I know both you and he won't let that happen, can I talk to you?" he asked quietly.

I raised my eyebrows.

When I took a step back to allow him to come in, the sudden movement made him flinch and I realized that he was actually a little scared of me.

"Lou, it's alright. I'm not very mad at you anymore. A little bit, yeah, but I'm not going to explode in your face again," I said.

He nodded and sat down on the couch where I had been sitting. I sat down next to him.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

Louis looked up at me, his eyes full of emotions. He seemed so relieved that I was talking to him.

"I just miss him so much, Li," he whimpered, "You know the saying 'You don't know what you have until it's gone'? That's what my life is like right now. I never knew how much I depended on him, how much I loved him, until now."

I stared at him in surprise.

"You love him?" I breathed.

Obviously, he did. But it was one thing to see it in the way he looked at Harry, and a whole different thing for Louis to say it out loud.

Louis nodded, smiling slightly.

"Of course. I just wish he knew that," he sighed, "I hate myself so much."