emotionally stunted

He sighed softly, sweat dripping down his skull as he wrung his hands against his shirt," I'm in love with ya." He said finally, looking into your eyes. You sighed," I know." He flinched back as if you had hit him," ..what?" You shrugged," I know. That you love me. I can..read minds and yours seemed so loud. So at the dance when I panicked.." he looked shocked, sockets wide," you heard me." You nodded," I heard you. Loud and clear. And I just- I didn't- I can't- I- '' your shoulders started bouncing up and down and you struggled to breathe," I just-just I couldn't tell you I felt-" he raised his hand. "Ya don't have to tell me, ya don't feel tha' same and I'm not gonna force you to." He shrugged, sockets watering with red liquid. 

You shook your head widely, "no! That's not-not." You rubbed your face, sighing louder this time," Cherry, I'm emotionally stunted, not that pretty, and I have more issues than you do if you can't even see my soul. I cant- I don't know...If I genuinely like you or if it's a fleeting feeling of want." You babbled as you teared up, "I'm sorry, and I wish I could tell you straight up, 'yeah I like ya too' but then it'd be a lie. I don't know and I appreciate that you feel thiswayaboutmebutireallydontknowificouldevergiveyouthefeelingsyouwouldwantorneedandidonticant-" you fell to the ground in front of him, he didn't know what to do and slowly moved forward as you continued spilling your guts out to him. "No-no. Y/n, it's fine!" He moved closer and kneeled before hugging you. Rocking back and forth as he apologized.
You stayed that way for a while, worried if you let go he'd go back in his words and leave. After you finished crying, you wiped your face and pulled back, " I'm sorry, I don't mean for you to find out this way. I wanted to tell you before you could confess, so when you asked me to meet outside I didn't bother trying to read your mind. " you said as you gently pat his skull, "you forgive me, right?" He smiled widely," Of course I do, Ya crazy gal. I didn't expect it but I forgive ya." You smiled and hugged him, "Thank you, Cherry. Thank you."