Chpt. 8 | 私は生きている?

{I'm alive?}

𝔸𝕜𝕒𝕣𝕚'𝕤 𝕆𝕍~

"Where am I?" I sit up, holding my head in pain while taking deep breaths. 𝗔𝗸𝗮𝗿𝗶: "I was hoping we wouldn't see each other so soon." I jump at the sound of my own voice. "Oh...it's you...me...us. 'Sigh.' you know what I mean." I stand up but stumble as my legs slightly wobble. 𝗔𝗸𝗮𝗿𝗶: "Hmm...yes, I understand. Here, let me help you." She comes over and grabs my arm, forcing me to lean on her.

"So...why am I here again?" She gives me a look of disappointment. 𝗔𝗸𝗮𝗿𝗶: 'Sigh.' "You're dying." "I'm, what?" I look at her in disbelief. "What do you mean '
"you're dying"...I don't understand." 𝗔𝗸𝗮𝗿𝗶: "You've not only lost a lot of blood, but a lot of mutagen that runs through your blood. Your body is in shock." "I still don't understand. What about my powers?" 𝗔𝗸𝗮𝗿𝗶: "Think of it like this... When you contract a serious illness, over time it can diminish your immune system, causing you to lose strength and become sick easier. And so when you get sick, it can become fatal because your immune system isn't functioning properly. The same applies for you and the mutagen. Now that a huge percentage has left your body and you're losing blood, your body can't handle all of the blood loss like it normally would." My heartbeat speeds up as tears flood my visions

"I, well...what do I do? I don't-...I don't want to die." 𝗔𝗸𝗮𝗿𝗶: "Hmm~ Well, you wake up." "It's that easy? There's got to be more to it than that. Do I have to sell my soul? Save someone within 24 hours? Jump off an airplane?" 𝗔𝗸𝗮𝗿𝗶: "I knew you would say something like that." 'Sigh.' "Of course you did." I roll my eyes with a small huff. 𝗔𝗸𝗮𝗿𝗶: "You don't have to do anything like that. You just have to wake up. Come on, Akari...wake up. Wake up. Wake up!"

"Wake up! Wake up, Akari! Please!" I jolt up to the sound of April's voice and immediately regret it. My abdomen throbs with each breath I take and my head pounds like I just got run over by a building... Something like that. "Akari!" She drops down on her knees and wraps her arms around my neck. "April," I mumble breathlessly. 'Sigh.' "Thank god you're aright." She pushes herself away from me, still keeping a tight grip on my shoulders. "Me?! What do you mean me?! You were actually dead!" She sobs loudly; I flinch but pull her close, nonetheless. Her body shakes with every sob and gasp. I haven't really had a chance to take in April's features, but now that I am, her eyes are swollen and red, her nose and checks are red, and she looks worn out.

I take a deep breath, "I'm sorry April. I didn't mean to scare you again. But I'm okay; I'm here. That's what matters." I smile reassuringly as I push some stray hair behind her ears. "We should get going... We don't really have much time left," I mumble while trying to stand, but almost fall over. Donnie and Leo each grab an arm and help pull me up. "Thanks," I huff, feeling immense pain in my entire body. 💙 "No problem, Akari. I'm glad you're okay." Leo gently squeezes my hand, a small, sweet smile adorning his lips. I blush softly before glancing at Donnie. 💜 "Glad we could help." He gives his signature geeky smile as he pushes up his glasses. Adorable. Someone clears their throat and we look over to see Raph standing there, impatiently tapping his foot on the ground.

❤️ "We should go." He looks at Leo then me. His eyes hold so much emotion behind them; I wish he would voice his feelings. "Right." I slowly let go of Leo and Donnie, then limp towards the exit. Mikey runs over to me and carefully wraps his arms around my waist. 🧡 "Angelcakes! I'm so happy you're okay!" He sobs into my shoulder; I frown and rub small circles on his shell. "I don't go down that easily, Mikey. You don't have to worry about me," I giggle as he carefully pulls me closer. I can tell he's scared he's gonna hurt me; I should really heal myself before I pass out again. 🧡 "Of course I was worried! You were...you were gone. I thought I'd never get to hear your beautiful laugh, or see those stunning eyes of yours ever again," He mumbles as his hands cup my cheeks. My bottom lip quivers as I stare into his emotion inducing eyes. "I- I didn't know you felt that way. I'm sorry," I breathe, then lean into his comforting touch. He sighs and places a sweet kiss to my head, causing me to blush and smile. This feels nice; having people around who actually care about you. I didn't know they felt this way, but I'm glad I do now. It gives me more reasons to keep fighting.