Chapter 11

Third Person P.O.V.

Donna was in the hospital bed, sweaty and tired.

"You can do it baby," Dally encouraged. "Just a few more and we're done."

"No Dally, I can't." 

"Yes you can baby, you can do it."

Donna gripped onto Dally's hand through her last pushes and out came her beautiful babies.

Donna lay there breathless for a few minutes. Her eyes closed and her head tilted back.

"You wanna hold one?" The nurse asked.

Donna's eyes fluttered open. "Yeah, yeah, sure." She said.

She was handed her new baby boy and Dally was handed the girl.

"What do ya wanna name them?" Dally asked.

"Katherine Marilyn Winston and Patrick Keith Winston." Donna said.

"Why those names?" Dally inquired.

"Why, what's wrong with them?" Donna asked.

"Nothing, it's just, how did you come up with them?"

"Well, Katherine because of my best Katherine, and Marilyn 'cause that's the name of our favourite actress. And then Keith because that's Two-Bit's real name and quite a shitty one at that, and Patrick because that's Soda's middle name and we sure as hell ain't naming our kid after a carbonated drink." Donna explained. Dally let out a light chuckle, with tears coming out of his eyes.

"I like the names." Dally admitted.

"I'm glad." Donna said.

"There's just one thing..." Dally said.

"What's that?" Donna asked.

"I'm scared." Dally whispered.

"Of what?"

"Of being a dad. I'm scared because I don't want to become like my dad - a dead beat." Dally said looking at the beautiful little girl in his arms. Dally started crying.

"Dally, you'll be an amazing dad!" Donna smiled. "You're not gonna end up like your dad. He was an awful person and you're nothing like him." Donna said.

"I know, it's just, what if things change? I'm gonna hate myself." Dally said.

"Dally!" Donna shouted.

Dally looked over at her in fear that something was wrong.

"Dally stop it. You can't be afraid of what's to come. I'll tell you something. I'm scared shitless about being a mom. But whenever I get scared, I think of something my dad would tell me as a little girl. 'There's nothing to fear, but fear itself'." 

Dally sat there, thinking for a moment.

"He looks like you." Donna broke the silence.

"Huh?"

"Your son, he looks a lot like you. A splitting image."

The switch babies so Donna was holding Katherine and and Dally was holding Patrick.

"He's gonna grow up to be one tuff kid. Just like his dad." Dally said.

"Yeah, he will." Donna agreed.

It was it was silent for a few moments, before you could hear Donna's soft whimpers.

"Hey doll, what's wrong?" Dally asked.

"I can't believe shes actually gone." 

"Don't cry, don't cry, she wouldn't want you to cry like this. You should be happy, we have two wonderful babies and plus, shes in a better place now."

"I guess you're right." Donna nodded and it fell silent again. 

"Can I buy him a Leather jacket?" Dally asked, breaking the silence.

"If you must." Donna said chuckling a bit.

Not to long after, the gang came in to visit the babies.

Two-Bit was ecstatic that the baby had his name, although, he would've like him to have his nick name.

Darry assured them that Katherine and Sodapop would love to have their names passed down to the next generation.

Johnny was afraid to hold one of them, thinking he would drop them, meanwhile they couldn't get Ponyboy away from them.

Whenever Darry would hole one of them, they would cry.

"Wow, they're afraid of their own uncle Darry." Darry said.

"They'll warm up to you sooner or later, just give 'em time." Donna said.

"I remember once, Katherine told me that babies and animals can sense if a person is good or not." Johnny said. 

Everyone went silent.

"Why'd ya gotta bring her up?" Steve sobbed. 

"Sorry..." Johnny mumbled. 

Dally was bouncing his leg up and down, fidgeting in his seat, eager to be alone with Donna and his children.

"Alright, we'll leave you guys alone." Darry said, and walked out with the rest of the gang.

As soon as they left, Dally sprang up from his seat to give Donna a hug, not being able to do so before.

"Dally you're gonna fucking suffocate me." Donna gasped fro breath.

"Sorry, I'm just excited." He mumbled into her neck and loosened his grip on her.

Dally was still afraid of being a dad, but he knew as long as his beautiful girlfriend was there, he could get through anything. He loved Donna with all his heart and without her, he felt like a part of him was gone.

"Hey Donna," Dally said, pulling away from the hug. "I gotta tell you something." He said.

"Go on." Donna encouraged him.

"Well, more like ask you something..." He corrected himself.

"Spit it out Dallas."

"Listen Donna, I love you with all my heart, I can't image life without you. Now I'm not too good with these things, but I need to get this off my chest. I love you so much and I want to be with you forever. I know I don't have a ring, but will you do the honor of marrying me?" Dally asked, holding each of her hands.

Donna was speechless, she didn't know what to say. She wanted to say 'yes' but she couldn't get the words out of her mouth.

Dally looked at her after not getting a response. "I understand if you-" Donna cut him off. "Dally, of course I'll marry you!" She said.

Dally's head shot up. He looked into her eyes and he could tell she was telling the truth. Help let go of her hands to wrap his arms around her again.

"I don't even care if you're suffocating me right now. I love you!" Donna said.

"I love you too."