Chapter 1

Steve's P.O.V.

We were at the police station to file a 'Missing Person' report for Katherine. It's been twenty-four hours since we last saw her, and we have no idea where she is. I just really hope we can find her before its too late. 

"So, can you describe Ms. Matthews for me?" The police officer asked us.

We all looked at Two-Bit.

"Why do I have to talk? We all know what she looks like." Two-Bit tried to reason. I think he was scared of the fuzz, but I mean, who wasn't?

"Two-Bit, just do it." Darry said. 

"Alright fine, she is about five-foot-seven and a half, she has long, brown, slightly wavy hair with blonde highlights. She has bright bluish green eyes. She's pretty skinny, but has some curves-"

"She has double d's-" Dally cut Two-Bit off.

"Dally! Watch yourself!" I snapped at Dally.

"Dally, watch yourself." Dally mocked. I flipped him off and Two-Bit went back to describing Katherine. 

"The last we saw of her was at the DX, the day Sodapop Curtis got shot." Two-Bit explained.

"And what was she wearing last?" The officer asked.

"She was wearing dark-wash jeans, and red tank-top that was tight fitted. Her hair was left down and slightly wavy - like normal." I said. 

"And what time was this at?" The officer asked.

"Around noon." I said. "Maybe eleven-thirty."

"Have any of you guys been drinking, doing drugs and getting lack of sleep?" The officer asked.

"No, why?" Darry asked.

"Your story, its sounds really...fake."

"Are you serious?!" I yelled, standing up.

"Are you serious?" The officer asked.

"Yes!" I shouted.

"Darrel, has your friend talked you all into this? It seems hes a bit unstable. You do know, its a federal crime to lie about a missing person."

"Yes sir, I know that its a crime to lie about these type of things. But we aren't lying. You need to trust us." Darry said. 

"Please." I begged, but he didn't hear me. He kicked us out of the police station.

"It's because we're greasers." Two-Bit said.

"Alright guys, we actually want to find her, we need to do it ourselves." Darry said. 

"How?" I asked. "We don't know who took her, where she went. How are we gonna do this?" 

"The police do it and they don't know any of those answers." Ponyboy reasoned. 

"The kids got a point. C'mon lets go!" Dally said.

We all ran back to the Curtis house, eager to find Katherine. 

Once we got back, Darry started making plans. "Ponyboy, you make posters. Steve-" Darry started but Johnny cut him off. "Guys, we should make a check list, keep things organized."

"You're right!" I said. 

"Ponyboy, go get some paper!" Darry shouted.

"Going!" Ponyboy said. 

Ponyboy came back with a piece of paper and Darry was writing down the ideas we were throwing at him.

𝑯𝑶𝑾 𝑻𝑶 𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑫 𝑲𝑨𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑬

𝒫𝑜𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈 ❏