Chapter 8

Ponyboy's P.O.V.

~Thursday~

Today was Thursday. School was a drag. 

Melissa tried to get me to hook up with her again in the bathroom. I told her no, and that I got grounded because of it last time. She said that no one would have to know about. I walked away after that.

Yeah, Melissa was pretty, but she wasn't worth getting grounded over. No girls was. Except maybe Katherine, but she was Steve's girl.

I really missed Katherine - Sodapop too. The gang felt incomplete with out them and I wish we could get them back. I missed Sodapop so much that I dreamed about him coming home from work and being all happy. 

Little by little, everyone started losing hope, saying we wouldn't be able to find her. But I didn't loose hope. Not yet. 

I really did love Katherine. In a friendly way I mean. Everyone did. But, I could tell Steve loved her more than anything on this planet. 

Before Katherine got kidnapped, me and Steve, we actually started to get along a bit better. I could tell Sodapop was happy about that. 

Him and Steve were best buddies since grade school, so seeing his best friend and little brother getting a long for a bit, really brought a smile to his face. 

I truly felt bad for Steve. He lost two people he really loved in what? A matter of five minutes? 

Steve and I went back to not getting along again. He used to think I was a tag along and a kid. He still thinks that. I think hes just upset about loosing so much and he takes it out on me. 

His mother died and his father is a dead beat. Hes an only child and any other family he had, doesn't live in Tulsa. The gang is petty much all he had, and now, we're all falling apart. 

"Hey Steve. How are ya?" I said as I passed him in the halls.

"What do you want Ponyboy?" He huffed. 

"Never mind I guess." I sighed and continued walking down the halls. 

"I said, 'What do you want Ponyboy?'" Steve said, grabbing the caller of my shirt. I made a noise at the back of my throat. 

"Steve, put me down. I don't want to fight with you." I said. I was honestly scared, he was bigger than me and can squash me in an instant. "I only wanted to know how you were." I squeaked out.

"Yeah? Well, hey, how do you think I feel?" He snarled. By now, people in the halls were looking at us. 

"I-I-I-" I stuttered out. 

"Boys, calm down." We turned our heads and saw the one and only, Cherry Valance. "As class president, I demand that you stop fighting and be friends again." Cherry said. 

"Class president my ass." Marcia mumbled. Cherry glared at her. 

"Watch who you're talking to." Cherry snarled. 

"Maybe I won't." Marcia said. Steve let go of my caller and we both watched dram unfold right in front of us. 

"Marcia, behave yourself." Cherry said, trying to act innocent. 

"No, I'm sick and tired of you treating me like shit! I follow you around everyday and pretend to be something I'm not. I hate the way you treat me Cherry and the way you treat others as well. And I don't care that we've been 'friends' since kinder garden, you never treated me like a friend. I'm done being friends with you. Go fuck yourself Cherry! I hope you become bald!" Marcia said. 

"You take that back!" Cherry said. 

"Make me." Marcia spat.

"You bitch!" Cherry said and slapped Marcia across the face. 

Marcia held her cheek where it started to turn red. Marcia slapped Cherry back.

People started gathering around the halls. Cherry threw a punch at Marcia, but she quickly dogged it. Cherry threw another punch. Marcia ducked at the last minute and turned around, trying to get away but Cherry grabbed her backpack. 

Cherry kicked Marcia, sending her flying back into a crowd of people.

"Get back in there." One said as they pushed her back into the fight. 

They were punching and kicking, left and right, Blocking and ducking when they could. 

"We should do something." I said to Steve. 

"I'm not breaking them up." Steve said. 

"Yeah, what I meant was, we should go get a teacher." I said.

"Don't be that lame kid." Steve said. 

"Whatever." I said and continued to watch the fight.

Cherry threw Marcia against the lockers and held her by the throat. 

Randy came out of no where and pulled Cherry off her. "Stop! I'm sure we can figure this out!" Randy yelled. Randy pushed Cherry against the lockers, restraining her movements.

"Hey!" Bob yelled pushing Randy off Cherry. 

Randy and Bob started getting into their own little fight.

"Oh it is on!" Ben yelled. 

Everyone was fighting everyone. I stayed out of the fight, I didn't want to get in more trouble with Darry. 

The fight started to move up the stairs. Randy almost fell off, but was held up by another kid. Me and Steve just kind of followed where the fight was going. 

By now, the teachers were trying to intervene, but they were getting fought as well.

"Steve, I really think we shouldn't be getting involved with this." I said.

"Who cares, its not like we're in the fight." He said.

"Yeah but if they want to get everyone else in trouble. Even if they weren't in the fight?"

"Chill Pony, its not like anyone is going to get seriously hurt." Steve said.

Just as Steve said that, I heard a bunch of gasps and the sound of cracking. 

I looked to where everyone else was staring at and saw an unconscious Bob at the bottom of the stairs.

"Randy, what did you do?" Marcia yelled.

Randy peeked over the railing and the colour drained from his face. 

I'm pretty sure Bob got his skull cracked open. There's no way hes going to survive that. Poor guy.

"Send an ambulance to Will Rogers High, we got a little incident." A police officer said into the walkie-talkie.

"We should probably go now." Steve said. 

"Yup." I said and we ran out of the school. 

A/N

Anyone recognize this fight? Lol. Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been busy.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was quite, interesting
Stay Gold my Dead Livers <3