Chapter 7

Ponyboy's P.O.V.

~ Wednesday ~

Me and Johnny were walking to the Diary Queen for breakfast.

As we walking down the road, a Lincoln Continental started slowly following behind us.

"Hey Pone what do you think they want with us?" Johnny said slightly scared.

I turn around to see the Lincoln Continental. "Oh you had me scared for a sec, that's Conner Maple." 

"Conner who?" Johnny said slightly confused.

"Conner Maple hes in my advanced English class."

Conner Maple the dumbest guy in the eleventh grade. I don't know how he made it into advanced English, but he did. 

Hes not a soc per say, but hes definitely not a greaser. A middle class you could call him. He has blonde hair with a bit of brown mixed in it, and light green eyes. Hes about sis-foot-two and has a medium build.

"Hey Conner." I said.

"Hi Ponyboy." He said and gave me a wide grin. "How are ya?" 

"I'm fine thanks. You?" I asked.

"I'm great. Who's your friend?" He asked.

"This is Johnny." I said. 

"Hi." Johnny said with a small wave.

"You guys wanna hope in? Come for a ride?" Conner asked. 

"Uhh, I don't know-" Johnny said but I cut him off before he could finish. "Yeah sure." I said.

Johnny looked at me, it looked like he didn't want to go. "Come on man." I said. Johnny still looked hesitant, but never the less got in the car. 

Me and Johnny hoped in the backseat and there was a few girls sitting there too. Johnny looked real nervous. Neither of us hung around girls often so we weren't quite used to this. 

Sodapop always told me to be more confident and hang around girls. Now that hes gone, I've been trying to be more confident. 

"What's your name?" One girl asked. She was smacking he gum and twirling a piece of her hair between her fingers.

"Ponyboy." I said. "Whats your name?" I asked.

"Melissa." She said. 

"You're kind cute." The other girl said to Johnny. I could see him blush a bit. 

"T-thanks." He stammered out.

"You wanna joint?" Melissa asked me.

"Yeah sure." I said thinking she just meant a cigarette. She dug around her bag and pulled out a white stick.