House Cup Awarding

(A/N: Which House will win?)

The Great Hall is full of students chatting and eating. The Slytherin House banners hung from up. 

"Oh, Merlin, Anna! I was worried sick!" Pansy was gushing. 

"Yeah, what were you thinking?" Daphne agreed. 

"We literally almost died in worry." Isa shook her head.

"Good thing you aren't dead." Blaise said from across us. 

Draco nodded. "You've had all of us in panic."

I've got so good friends.

McGonagall tapped her glass with her spoon. Dumbledore stood up.

" Another year, gone! And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarded and the points stand thus. In fourth place: Gryffindor, with 312 points!" There is a weak applause. "In third place: Hufflepuff, with 352 points!" The applause is slightly louder. "Second: Ravenclaw, with 426 points!" Another applause from the students. "And in first place, with 472 points: Slytherin house!" There is a loud roar of clapping. Hermione looked upset, but still clapped. Harry and Ron gave me congratulating looks.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account and I have a few last minute points to award." We all looked up at Dumbledore's words.

"To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril: fifty points!" Hermione looked surprised as the Gryffindor students patted her back.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years: fifty points!" Ron looks even more surprised than Hermione.

"And third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure love and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house: sixty points!" The Gryffindors cheered again.

Ugh. What the heck, Dumbledore?

"And, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom!" The Gryffindors cheered loudly.

"QUIET!" Dumbledore yelled.

Everyone fell silent.

"And finally, to Miss Annabelle Potter, for a fantastic display of courage, loyalty, and determination, I award Slytherin...50 points."

The Slytherins scream again in excitement.

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, Hufflepuff is in fourth place, Ravenclaw in third, Gryffindor in second, and first place is to Slytherin! No change of decorations! Slytherin wins the House Cup!"

Pansy, Daphne, and Isabella all hugged me. 

Blaise and Draco beamed.

There is applause. Hagrid cheered too, but not very loudly.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked upset, but still clapped for the Slytherins.

~~~~~~~

Students are aboarding the train. 

" Come on now, hurry up. You'll be late. Train's leaving. Go on. Go on. Come on. Hurry up." Hagrid called.

We gave the trainman our stuff and climbed on. Hermione started to go. 

"Come on, guys."

"One minute." I said, and Harry and I walked over to Hagrid.

"Thought you were leaving without saying good-bye, didja?" Hagrid took out a red and green album. He hands the green one to me and the red one to Harry. " This is for you."

Inside, there is a moving picture of me, mum and dad. I smiled. My mum had black hair and amber eyes, and my dad and light brown hair and green eyes. 

"Thank you, Hagrid." We chorused. We both hugged him tightly.

"Oh. Go on...on with you." We let go of him. "Oh, listen, Harry if that dolt of a cousin of yours, Dudley, gives you any grief, you could always, um, threaten him with a nice pair of ears to go with that tail of his. And Anna, if that kid, Jeffrey, was it, teases you again, just threaten him with a bit of your, pow-I mean your magic." 

"But Hagrid, we're not allowed to do magic away from Hogwarts. You know that." I said, confused.

"I do. But they don't, do they? Eh? Off you go." He chuckled.

Harry and I shared michevious looks and went back on the train, where Ron and Hermione were waiting.

"Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?" Hermione asked.

"We're not going home." Harry said.

"Not really." I added.

(A/N: That's it! I'm done with the first book of the fanfic! Hope you enjoyed, though I doubt that. Also...see what I did to Anna's album?;) its basically Lily and James but like switched, yk?)

Word count: 718