The Norwegian Ridgeback

(A/N: This is the chapter where Harry, Anna, Ron, and Hermione discover the Philosopher's Stone and Norbert.)

(Anna's P.O.V.)

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I were sitting in the Great Hall. Sitting at the Gryffindor table, against my own will. Harry, Hermione, and I were reading but Ron was shuffling his Chocolate Frog cards. Just then, Hedwig and Icy flew in and perched on two books.

"Hi Hedwig, Icy." Harry and I looked up.

"Look at you." Hermione's voice sounded. We both turned to face her and Ron. "Playing with your cards. Pathetic. We've got final exams coming up soon."

"I ready. Ask me any question." Ron stared at her with challenge.

"All right. What are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?" Hermione asked.

"I forgot." Ron looked down.

"And what do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?" I chimed in.

"Copy off you two?" Ron snapped, looking up again.

"No you won't." Hermione shook her head.

"Besides, according to McGonagall, we'll be given special quills for which with an anti-cheating spell." I told the redhead.

"That's insulting! It's like they don't trust us! Dumbledore again!" Ron exclaimed, looking at his card.

Then, Neville came over to us--well more like hopped. Everyone laughed.

"Leg-locker curse?" Ron asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Malfoy." Harry said, like it was obvious. I would have defended Draco, but Harry was probably right.

As Neville neared us, Ron said, "You have got to start standing up to yourself, Neville."

"How? I can barely stand at all!" Neville complained, trying to keep balance.

Seamus grabbed his wand. "I'll do the counter-curse."

"No, that's all I need! You'll just set my bloody kneecaps on fire!" Neville said with a panicked look.

Seamus threw his wand down angrily. "I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom. Besides, if anyone cared to notice my eyebrows have completely grown back!" When he stormed off, we saw the bald spot on the back of his head.

"I found him!" Harry suddenly exclaimed, handing a card to Ron.

"Dumbledore's particularly famous for the defeat of the 'dark wizard' Grindlewald in 1945." Ron read.

"Go on." Harry urged.

"For the discovery of the twelve years of dragon blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner Nicholas Flamel!"

"I knew the name sounded familiar." Harry said. "I read it on the train!"

Hermione beamed with excitement. "Follow me!"

We ran out of the Great Hall.

"Hey, wait, where are you going? What about the counter-curse?!" I heard Neville's distant call. I spun around quickly and muttered the counter-curse before hurrying after the Gryffindors.

𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙

In the library, Hermione came over with a heavy book. She puts, I mean, thumps, it onto the table.

"I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading." she explained. I peered at the book. "Oh, I know this book! Why didn't I think of it?" I exclaimed.