Dudley's Birthday

(A/N: The first chapter!)

(Harry's P.O.V.)

"Up. Get Up." There was a hard rap on the door. "Now!" Aunt Petunia smacked the door of our 'room' and left.

 I got up, stretching, and got up and reach for my taped glasses, perching them on my nose. 

Suddenly, something (or someone) came running down the stairs just as I was just about to step out. 

"WAKE UP COUSIN! WE'RE GOING TO THE ZOO!" he yelled, pushing me and running into the kitchen, where Aunt Petunia was.

As I entered, Aunt Petunia speaks up to her "precious Duddykins."

"Oh, here he comes, the birthday boy!" she exclaims, hugging the boy.

"Happy birthday, son." Vernon said.

Aunt Petunia eyed me unpleasantly. "Why don't you cook breakfast, and try not to burn anything." she said to me. 

"Yes Aunt Petunia." I replied, going to the pan to cook the bacons.

"I want everything to be perfect for my Dudley's special day." Aunt Petunia gushed.

"Bring my coffee, boy!" Uncle Vernon shouts at me. 

I pour the coffee and handed him the cup.

Petunia led Dudley to a vast amount of presents. "Aren't they lovely?" she smiled. Dudley stares.

"How many are there?" he asked rudely. 

"36, counted 'em myself." Vernon stated proudly.

Dudley gasped. "36?! But last year I had 37!!" 

Vernon looks nervous. "Err, yes, well, some of them are quite bigger than last year." he said, trying to look firm.

"I don't care how big they are!" Dudley screamed.

Petunia rushed to his side. "Oh, now, now, now. This is what we're going to do, is that when we go out, we're going to buy you two new presents! How's that, pumpkin?" she said, comforting him.

Dudley looks satisfied.

𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙

Vernon grabs me. "I'm warning you now, boy. Any funny business, any at all, and you won't have any meals for a week. Get in."

𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙

We arrived at the zoo and go to the Reptile House to see the Boa Constrictor. 

"Make it move." Dudley whined.

Vernon tapped the glass harshly. "Move!" he yelled.

"MOVE!" Dudley yelled even loudly.

I said, "He's sleeping!"

Dudley rolled his eyes. "He's boring."

With that, he and his parents left to see something else. As they walked away, I bumped into someone. We fell to the floor. "Oh my god! I'm sorry." I looked up and saw a girl about my age holding out her hand. I took it and stood up.  

"It's fine. I'm sorry for not looking," I waved it off with a smile.

She smiled back. I got to have a better look at her. She had long red hair, not fiery, but still red hair. She also had green eyes like me. "My name is Annabelle. Annabelle Potter. But my friends call be Anna." she said. 

I was stunned, because her last name was Potter too! "Um, I'm Harry, Harry Potter." I said.

She seemed surprised, but nodded. "Do you like snakes?" she asked

"What?" I looked at her, puzzled.

"Do you like snakes?" she repeated. Observing my confused face, she said, "Because you're looking at the snake." she nodded towards the boa constrictor. 

"No, I came here because my cousin Dudley wanted to see him." I replied. 

"Oh." she was about to say something when the snake looked up.

"Sorry about him." I started, talking about Dudley. "He doesn't understand what it's like, lying there day after day watching people press their ugly faces in on you."

The snake and blinked.

"Can you...hear us?" Anna whispered.

The snake nodded.

"It's just...we've never talked to a snake before. Do you...I mean...do you talk to people often?" Anna asked. 

The snake shook its head as it raised his head.

"You're from Burma, aren't you? Was it nice there, do you miss your family?" I asked.

The snake turned its head and pointed to a sign that read, "Bred in Captivity."

Anna nodded kind of sadly. "I see. That's me as well. I never knew my parents." 

I was going to ask her about it, when Dudley ran over pushing us to the floor.

"Mummy, dad, come here! You won't believe what the snake's doing!"

Dudley puts his hands on the glass wall. 

I glared at him.

Suddenly, the glass disappears, causing Dudley to wretch forward, losing his balance. "Whoa! Ahh! Ahh!" he screeched. Dudley falls into the snake enclosure, sputtering in a pool of water. 

Anna and I snickered at what we saw. The snake gets out of the exhibit, stopping in front of us.

"Thankss" it hissed.

"Anytime." I said, stunned.

"No problem." Anna said, just as shocked.

The snake slithered off.

"SNAKE!" a man shrieked.

Dudley got up to get out, but the glass was now back over the enclosure. Seeing that he was now trapped, Dudley pounded the glass in panic

"Mum! Mummy!" he screamed.

Petunia, who noticed her son, shrieked. "AHH!"

"Mum, help! Help me!" Dudley yelled.

Petunia looked as if she was going to faint. "My darling boy! How did you get in there?! How did you get in there? Dudley, oh, Dudley!"

I got up and helped Anna to her feet. "Sorry about him." I said.

"It's all good." she smiled.

"Anna!" a voice called. I turned and saw a woman calling her. Wasn't that her mum? And her dad? And her siblings? The woman was with four other kids, and a man.

"Coming Esther!" Anna called back. "I have to go." she said to me.

"Wait, who are they?" I asked, curious. 

"Um the adults are Esther and Andrew. The kids are my roommates, Edward, Jeffrey, Danielle, and Heidi." Anna explained quickly. 

"Anna!" Esther called more harshly.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Anna yelled. She turned to me and smiled one last time. "I really have to go now, Harry. It was a pleasure meeting you!" she ran towards her friends. 

I sensed someone behind me, and it turned out to be Vernon, scowling.

𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙

Petunia and Dudley came in the house, me and Vernon following behind. He grabbed my hair and pushed my to the wall. "What did you do?" he screamed.

"I don't know! One moment it was there and the next it was gone! It was like magic!" I yelled. 

Vernon shoved me into the cupboard and locked it. "There's no such thing as magic!" he whispered harshly before disappearing.

(A/N: That is how they met, updating soon)

Word count: 1066