Detention

(Anna's P.O.V.)

The next night, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, and I are being led to Hagrid's hut by Mr Filch.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." Draco gulped. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest." Hagrid appeared with a crossbow. He sniffled. "A sorry lot this, Hagrid. Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filch said.

"Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." Hagrid sniffled and sighed.

"Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind." Hermione tried.

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania?" As Hagrid said this, Filch rolled his eyes. "What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all." Hagrid cried.

" Oh, for God's sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." Filch looked disgusted.

"The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are..." A howl sounded. "...werewolves!"

Such a coward

"There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." Draco looked even more frightened. "Nighty-night." Filch left.

"Right. Let's go." Hagrid said.

In the Forbidden Forest, we walked along a path to a tree. Hagrid stopped, bent down and dipped his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulled out his fingers and rubbed them together. A silver trail smears with his fingers.

"Hagrid, what's that?" Harry asked, mirroring my thoughts.

"What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something. So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me. Harry, Anna, you'll go with Malfoy."

Of course, we weren't all happy about that.

"Okay. Then I get Fang!" Draco said.

"Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward." Fang whined.

Sorry, Fang

He's right, though, I am scared.

I shot him a sympathetic look.

We are walking through a part of the forest, with Fang leading. Draco has the lamp in his hand.

"You wait till my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff." Draco complained.

"If I didn't know better, Draco, I'd say you were scared." I commented, smirking.

"Scared, Potter?!" He scoffed but heard a howl. He grabbed my arm. "Did you hear that? Come on, Fang. Scared." 

I got him to let go of me, although I was reluctant. Don't tell anyone that.

We approach a flat ground with gnarled roots all over. Fang stops, then growls.

"What is it, Fang?" I asked, concerned.

Up ahead is a cloaked figure who is crouching over a dead unicorn, drinking its blood from its wound. The figure raises its head, silver blood dripping from its mouth. Harry gasps and grabs his scar, me doing the same. Draco screams with pure fear and runs away with Fang. "AHH! HELP!" 

Coward.

Me and Harry are left by ourselves at the mercy of the figure who slides over the unicorn and rises erect. It advances towards us. We back up, but trip and fall. Suddenly, there is the sound of hoofbeats. A figure leaps over us and lands near the cloaked figure. It is a centaur. It rears, and the cloaked figure retreats, flying away.

"Harry and Annabelle Potter, you must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you two." it said to us. It felt weird having someone say our last names, you know, combined since I was the only Potter in the orphanage.

"But what was that thing you saved us from?" Harry asked, bewildered.

"A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life." the centaur explained.

"But who would choose such a life?" I asked.

"Can you think of no one?" the centaur tilted its head.

"Do you mean to say...that that thing that killed the unicorn...that was drinking its blood...that was Voldemort?" Harry questioned.

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?" it asked.

Me and Harry gasped in realization. "The Philosopher's Stone."

Fang suddenly barks and we look up to see Hagrid, Hermione, Ron and Draco appear. Hagrid has his crossbow ready but lowers it when he sees the centaur.

"Harry! Anna!" Hermione called.

"Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met our young Mr and Miss Potter. You all right there, Harry and Anna?" Hagrid said. We both nodded.

"Harry and Annabelle Potter, this is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck." the centaur turns away.

(A/N: that's what happened in the Forbidden Forest during detention. See yall in the next chapter. Love you!)

Word count: 786