The Sorting

(A/N: This is the chapter you readers will find out which House Annabelle will be in)

(Harry's P.O.V.)

As McGonagall led us to the Great Hall, I couldn't get the scene out of my head. The scene where my fricking sister became friends with Draco bloody Malfoy. Not that she knew she was my sister. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard two voices talk at the same time. 

"It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." I turned to see Hermione and Anna giggling over the sentence they said together. I sighed. The ceiling was filled with floating candles and the ceiling was looking like the stars outside.

McGonagall led us to the front of the room, where there was a stool and a old tattered hat on it. 

Just then, the Hat broke out singing:

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your black,
Your sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in ,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in ,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

Everyone applauded.

"Will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." McGonagall said.

Professor Dumbledore rose from the teachers' tables. "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." 

McGonagall stood up. "When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger."

Hermione got up looking nervous. "Oh, no. Okay, relax."

"Mental that one, I'm telling you." Ron murmured. I nodded in agreement. Suddenly, something smacked out heads. We turned to see Anna glaring at us. "Don't say that." she hissed. We both nodded frantically. 

Hermione sits on the stool and McGonagall places the sorting hat on her head.

"Ah, right then...hmm...right. Okay...Gryffindor!!"

The students cheer; Hermione jumps off with a smile.

"Draco Malfoy." McGonagall called next.

Malfoy sauntered up proudly. Before touching down on Malfoy's head, the Hat yells, "Slytherin!"

The students cheered again.

"There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin." Ron muttered, so only I could hear. 

"Susan Bones."

A redhead girl nervously walked onto the stool.

I look around and notice a black greasy haired, pale man, giving me sinister looks. My scar hurts. 

"Ouch." came a voice. I turned and saw Anna gripping her neck. When she saw me looking, she removed her hand and blinked innocently.

"Harry, Anna, what is it?" Ron asked, concerned.

"Nothing.."

I also release my grip. "Yeah, nothing. We're fine." 

Ron nods, just as the Sorting Hat yells, "Let's see...I know...Hufflepuff!"

"Ronald Weasley." 

Ron gulps. I gave him a reassuring nod. He smiles a little before stepping slowly onto the stool.

"Ha! Another Weasley. I know just what to do with you... Gryffindor!!" the Hat immediately yells.

"Harry Potter."

The Hall goes silent. I walk up and sit down on the stool. The Sorting Hat is placed on my head.

"Hmm...difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage I see, not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?" the Hat murmured.

"Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin." I whispered.

"Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know. It's all here in your head. And Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness! There's no doubt about that. No?"

"Not Slytherin...anything but Slytherin." I whispered.

"Well, if you're sure... better be...Gryffindor!"

"We got Potter! We got Potter!" the Weasley twins shout.

I sigh in relief and run to the Gryffindor table.

"Annabelle Potter." 

My sister walks up confidently and sits down. "Ah, just as difficult as the first one. Definitely filled with courage and ambition, that's for sure. I see great promise and talent in you.  Hmm....okay......best be...Slytherin!" the Hat yelled.

There was a very loud applause as Anna smiles and makes her way to the Slytherin table. 

"We got the other Potter! We got the other Potter!"

Ann shakes peoples hands and sits down next to Malfoy, who smirked. or smiled.

I'm disappointed that Anna not in my House. I guess it's because I wanted to know her better. 

I look at the teachers' table to see Dumbledore lifting up his goblet and slightly waves it, as if he was wishing congratulations. 

(A/N: were you expecting Anna to be in Gryffindor? I always thought that Harry's sister should be a Slytherin for some reason. Maybe because I'm a Slytherin...? Whatever, so yeah, Anna's in Slytherin. But she's going to join Hermione, Ron, and Harry on their adventures.)

Word count: 954