How to play Quidditch

(Harry's P.O.V)

We were outside in the courtyard. By "we" , I mean Oliver Wood and me.

Oliver begins, "Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each time has seven players, 3 chasers, 2 beaters, 1 keeper and a seeker. That's you. There are three kinds of balls." He holds up a red ball. "This one's called the Quaffle. Now, the chasers handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of those three hoops." he pointed to the hoops. "The keeper, that's me, defends the hoops." he threw the ball to me. "With me so far?"

I nodded. "I think so. what are those?" I pointed to two struggling chained down balls.

"You better take this." Oliver handed me a bat. He reaches down and unchained one ball. With an angry growl, it flies off into the air. The two boys watch it. "Careful, it's coming back!" Oliver said. The ball comes whizzing down, and I crack at it with the bat. The ball soars off through a statue, surprisingly without damaging it. 

"Eh, not bad, Potter, you'd make a fair beater... Uh-oh." Oliver caught the struggling ball and chained it back up.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Bludger. Nasty little buggers. But you are the seeker, and the only thing I want you to worry about is this... the Golden Snitch." He handed me a walnut-sized golden ball.

"I like this ball." I smiled.

"Ah, you like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see." Oliver said.

"What do I do with it?"

"You catch it... before the other team's seeker. You catch this, the game is over. You catch this, Potter, and we win."

The ball flutters out two delicate wings and jumps into the air. I keep an eye on it.

(A/N: So this is how Oliver's and Harry's Quidditch rule lesson went. Just imagine Annabelle doing the same exact thing, except with Flint, and the part where wood says, 'the only thing I want you to worry about is this... the Golden Snitch.' replace it with the quaffle, since Anna's a chaser.)

Word count: 355