Wizard's Chess

(Anna's P.O.V.)

We entered a dark room

"I don't like this. I don't like this at all." Hermione whimpered.

"Same." I whispered.

"Where are we? A graveyard?" Harry guessed.

"This is no graveyard." Ron sighed. "It's a chessboard."

"There's the door." I pointed.

We walked across the board, towards the door. Just then, though, a chess piece moved, blocking our way. We jumped and backed up.

"Now what?" Hermione asked.

"It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room. All right. Harry, you take the Bishop's square. Hermione, you'll be the Queen's side castle. Anna, you be the Queen. As for me, I'll be a knight." Ron said.

"What happens now?" Hermione questioned.

"Well, white moves first, and then...we play." 

" Ron, you don't suppose this is going to be like...real wizard's chess, do you?" Hermione asked nervously.

"You there! D-5!" A black pawn moves forward, diagonal to the white pawn. The white pawn raises its swords and smashes the black one. We all jump. "Yes, Hermione, I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess!"

The game continues. Pieces smash each other, boom! Boom!

"Castle to E-4!" Smash!

"Pawn to C-3!" Boom!"

The Queen turned. Harry and Ron studied the game. 

"Wait a minute..." Harry started.

"You understand right, Harry. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me...then you'll be free to check the King."

I gasped, for I have realized what was going on. "No Ron! No!"

"What is it?" Hermione asked, still confused.

"He's going to sacrifice himself!" Harry exclaimed.

Hermione gasped. "No, Ron, you can't! There must be another way!"

Ron turned to 'Mione. "Do you want to stop Snape or not? Harry, Anna, it's you that has to go on. I know it. Not me, not Hermione, you two." Even if I was certain that it wasn't Snape, I nodded. "Knight...to H-3"

Ron's horse moves forward, slides, then stopped.

The Queen turns and advances. Ron breathes faster, clutching the steel reins. The Queen stops. SMASH! Ron goes flying off the horse and lands on the floor, unconscious.

"Ahh!"

"RON!" i screamed.

Hermione started to go towards him. 

"No, don't move." I said.

"Don't forget, we're still playing." Harry reminded her.

'Mione nodded and moved back to her square.

Harry walked the diagonal in front of the King. "Checkmate." The Kings sword falls onto the ground victory. Harry breathes out and then we run to Ron. Harry, Hermione, and I bend beside him. 

" Take care of Ron. Then, go to the owlery. Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right...we have to go on." Harry said.

"You'll be okay, Harry and Anna. You're a great wizard Harry, and you're a fantastic witch, Anna." Hermione said.

"Not as good as you." I said.

Hermione chuckled. "Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things. Friendship, and bravery. And guys, just be careful."

We smiled at her and ran off.

Word count: 449