Chapter 197 (Part 2)

Începe de la început

After her bath, Ye Ci's equipment was already cleaned by the tavern's NPC. Ye Ci felt fresh and relaxed. Cleanliness and Fatigue were both mechanics that would affect a player in Fate, and any negative effect from these stats could be removed by having a bath. Players would flock to public bathhouses with their meagre income because of that. The over-realistic game might not be a good thing.

As Green Hill's Moon entered the room, Gongzi You having a meal. She was not modest at all, and had order the best food with the best wine. She was enjoying the meal. After mourning for his wallet for a short moment, Green Hill's Moon decided to put the tabs on Gongzi You, his wealthy benefactor.

Indeed, the wool comes from the sheep's back.

"So, how did your investigation go?"

"Heh! I didn't know you're interested in gossip as well." Green Hill's Moon let out a cunning smile. It was apparent that he was satisfied with the news he received from the investigation he had been tasked with.

"Such is the way of the world. There's nothing to gossip about." Ye Ci wiped the sauce from the corner of her mouth with her napkin. She set her cutlery down, and leaned back onto the chair. Narrowing her eyes, she looked straight at Green Hill's Moon, "Besides, I'm sure you know that the things that I've wanted you to investigate are never gossipy in nature."

"I know, I know. I'm simply lamenting about it." Green Hill's Moon let out a sigh....

Ye Ci snorted, indicating that Green Hill's Moon should get to the point, and not waste her precious time.

"Night And Day is already on guard against Wandering Cloud. Despite keeping up appearances, he has slowly begun to dismantle Wandering Cloud's influence within the Tang Dynasty. He was very secretive about it, and even I didn't take notice of it for long time t." Green Hill's Moon shrugged. He was impressed by Night And Day. After having a big green hat placed on his head by his best friend, he was able to keep his calm.

"Of course, despite not being visible to outsiders, I'm sure Wandering Cloud has already noticed something. He had ceased almost all contacts with Into The Sunsets, not to mention continuing their affair." Green Hill's Moon narrowed his eyes, "With my analysis of Wandering Cloud, he will definitely fight back. And will need outside help to do it."

Ye Ci stared silently at Green Hill's Moon.

"Do you happen the be the help he's looking for?" Green Hill's Moon made his guess. He believed that there was less than 5 people in this world that knew about this. Who else knew about this other than the 3 individuals directly involved in the incident and he himself? It would be Gongzi You who commissioned him to carry on the investigation. But... Why would Gongzi You know about this? At this point, however, no matter how Gongzi You found out about the affair, Wandering Cloud's only chance was to seek help from her. Gongzi You was the only one with the capabilities to go up against Night And Day and was not afraid to do so.

Ye Ci stared silently at Green Hill's Moon. She placed 100,000 gold coins on the table and spoke up, "You've worked hard. Is there anything else that Night And Day's been up to?"

"I'll assume that your silence is a confirmation to my question?" Green Hill's Moon smiled, "For this piece of information you gave me, I'm willing to (something like "waive the payment for his job")"

Ye Ci raised her eyebrow, stood up, and headed for the door. She then turned around and spoke up, "What's Thousand Sunsets up to these days?"

"He's been trying to buy any boss-clearing video lately. He seems quite desperate. Unbridled Willow seems quite relaxed about it. They're almost ready to challenge the fourth boss." knowing what Ye Ci wanted, Green Hill's Moon gave Ye Ci the answer she seek.