Chapter 30: Substitutes

The system message naturally did not have the shock value of something like First Blood. Not many people lamented over it.

However, to Ye Ci, it carried a different meaning.

"You are the first outsider to join our Red Lake City. I will definitely reward you well." The official seemed extremely happy and took out a medal from the box on the office table, giving it to Ye Ci.

Ye Ci received the medal and took a look. It was a citizen's medal.

Red Lake City Citizen's Medal: 5 HP regeneration per second.

The medal appeared to be related to the Prestige within the city. The greater the Prestige, the better the bonuses the medal provided. Although the stats of the medal was average, it was better than nothing. Ye Ci immediately stuck it on her chest.

Afterwards, the official urged Ye Ci again, "There are not enough people in the Military Department. Gongzi You, are you perhaps interested in helping?"

Here it is.

Ye Ci had worked so hard and so long just for this question.

Before her, there were two options: yes or no.

If she replied yes, she would activate her own Military Rank System. If she replied no, the Military Rank System would not have any connection with her ever again.

She obviously answered yes. Next, Ye Xi was sent to the Military Department by the official.

"Gongzi You, you now are a citizen of Red Lake City. Do you want to protect this city?"

Naturally, Ye Ci's answer was again yes. Afterwards, the Military Officer immediately helped Ye Ci with her registration, and her Citizen's Medal was switched to a level 1 Soldier's Medal. Although the medal was changed, he stats remained the same.

After becoming a level 1 Soldier, Ye Ci received a quest from the Military Officer— patrol Red Lake City. If your immediate superior instructed you, you must directly follow their orders. The quest seemed easy, but it actually proved to be very hard upon attempting to complete it.

A patrol officer had a lot of duties to fulfill . From protecting the citizens, to maintaining order, to cleaning, the patrol officer was required to do everything. Although it was only one patrol a day, it would take at least an hour. It was tiring as hell and about as relaxing as fighting a BOSS.

After the patrol was complete, Ye Ci could go to the Military Officer to collect the Salary Pack of the Day. Inside were fifty silver coins and fifty Military Honor points.

Military Honor points were needed for promotions. Other than doing the Military Officer's quests every day, there were no other ways of obtaining it. If one wanted to be promoted, they would need to patiently bear with the oppression.

After finishing the day's worth of oppressive work, Ye Ci left the Administration Office, and accepted another few simple quests, conveniently raising her to level 15. Afterwards, she traveled towards the Hunter Instructor.

The Combat Skills in Fate do not require mastery like the Life Skills. As long as the level of a character fit the requirements, one can always level up a Combat Skill as long as the fees were paid.

Since Ye Ci's reached level 15, she could level up all her skills. She could even learn a skill at level 15, a very important one - Mount.

Quite a lot of players were already riding horses. With them galloping at full speed with their hoofs, it was a glamorous sight. Even Ye Ci felt quite tempted to ride one. She wasted no time in learning the skill right after she hit level 15.