𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙓𝙓𝙑 𝙄𝙢𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧

Nanami, Satoru and you end up dining together, and Nanami, hesitantly, starts speaking up, about whatever bad news he has to deliver.

"Today I was called to inspect an incident, since I was still on the school. It happened at an open trade fair here in Tokyo, I believe today was the inauguration day, and more than 2000 people were attending, from those two thousand, 200 died. It was stated that the deaths happened from unknown causes, even paranormal, the public is not reacting well, as it just came in the news, did you watch the news?", Nanami starts.

"No", Satoru answers and you shake your head.

You both pick up your cellphones and check the most recent news, both your expressions darkening while reading the articles that appear in the internet.

"What did you witness there?", you ask Nanami.

"It was definitely the work of cursed spirits, the way the bodies were destroyed, and the lingering residual cursed energy, it doesn't lie.", he explains.

"But in a fair? That's unusual, unless...", you question, realizing what actually happened.

"The work of special grade curses, probably the unclassified ones we've been encountering.", Satoru adds.

You nod, "That's what I was thinking."

Nanami nods as well.

"How were exactly the bodies destroyed?", you decide to ask further.

Nanami sighs, "Some were carbonized, some didn't have any marks, others were full of blood, and some even... transfigured.", he ends up saying what he doesn't want to say, so he is cautious with his words, knowing both him and you know what that means.

"Mahito, so he was there too.", you grit your teeth.

"They have something in mind. Anything more you can tell us Nanami?", Satoru constates.

He pauses for some seconds, you can sense how nervous he is and unsure to tell more, as he turns your way to look at you, in his eyes you can feel it, and you can tell that it's something that you must know, or that it regards you.

You sigh, "Tell me Nanami-san"

"There was a message in a note near one of the bodies... I retrieved it in time, before the media could have their hands on it, because if this came to public it would only cause more ruckus."

You look at him, anxiously waiting for him to give more information about the message, instead Nanami silently takes out a crumpled paper, with faint marks of blood in it, and passes it to Satoru, who picks it. As soon as he opens it, and starts reading what's written on it, his face tenses a bit.

"Let me see", you take the paper out from Satoru's hands before he can react.

You run your eyes through the messy handwriting, your eyes widen.

𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 "𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴" 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘦, 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘶𝘴 𝘒𝘢𝘮𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳, 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦, 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶

"They are talking about me...", your voice comes out barely inaudible, realizing what the real situation implies.

"It's a trap, your existence and what it represents is way too powerful and is a threat to their plans, so they are trying to grab your attention this way to hunt you down.", Satoru speaks up his thoughts.