𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙄𝙓 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙨

You guys decide to go a buffet restaurant, so that everyone can enjoy the food they want.

You are all already eating eagerly, all of the delicious food you have at your disposition, when Nobara notices how quiet you are, so she decides to start a conversation with you.

"Kamo Y/n right? I think I've heard about your parents. Many people talked about how extraordinary they were."

You nod, forcing a little bit a smile with sympathy to her.

"Oh right, what are your techniques? You must have inherited 'blood manipulation'."

"Yes, and I have gravity manipulation as my innate technique too."

"So cool! I hope I have a chance to see you on the field, so that I can learn from you too Y/n-san", Yuuji says with a wolfish grin.

Megumi widens his eyes a bit, "Your technique is rare."

"I guess so haha", you scratch your head and decide to ask him:
"What's your technique Megumi?"

"I'm a shikigami user."

"Oh!"

"I've seen him fight before! With his divine dogs, they are *this big* and really fluffy. He's super cool." Yuuji demonstrates the size of the dogs with his hands, eyes brightly shining.

"Too bad, he didn't have a chance to show off today.", Nobara pouts, playing with him.

Megumi looks away and sighs.

You then decide to ask them. "You guys, you are all so young, yet you've already decided for this life. You are clearly talented, but why is that? If I can ask you that."

You were curious to ask this question, because they visibly were the type to have no hesitations, and that had caught you by surprise.

"My resolve? Nothing special. I just hate the countryside and wanted to come to Tokyo, that's all. I have no special reason like all of you, I'm just me, and I was willing to take this step to be here.", Nobara gives you a big grin.

"It's not like I had any other choice. But I'm here because I want to choose who I will protect with my own hands, and with it, I want more good people to enjoy fairness in this world." Megumi adds.

"You see, at first I thought I was here because of my grandpa's last wish. He told me that I was strong, so that I must help the weak and protect them. But now I've realized that it's not it. Of course, I don't want to disappoint my grandpa, but I've come to understand that I'm the only one that can absorb Sukuna.

If I run away, convincing myself that it is not my responsibility but knowing that there would be people out there dying because of Sukuna I simply couldn't live with myself. I don't want to regret the way live!", Yuuji says confidently.

You're stunned, and say nothing, you feel the weight of their words,and they won't let you move an inch. You didn't expect these responses at all.

Nobara's and Megumi's answer to your question, but specially Yuuji's, reached to your heart, in a way you weren't expecting, and it made it ache.

You suddenly feel really ashamed of yourself and you even can't look at them, you just want to run away.
You can't push away the tears of embarrassment that were threatening to appear in your eyes.

"I'm sorry", you manage to say as you stand up unsettled, to go to the bathroom.

They look at you, not understanding what's going on, but not saying a word either.

You finally let the tears out of your eyes when you are alone at the bathroom. You feel your head spin and you try to control your irregular breathing.