Even with a Limp || Newt

Warning: Mentions of suicide attempt and depression.

Y/n sat in the medjack hut raking her fingers through Newt's blond locks. He was still unconcious. Of course he was with all that panicing. Y/n shuddered remembering his hysterical cries for the medjacks to stop holding him down as he thrashed against Alby and Minho holding him down. 

Y/n perked up as Newt began to stir. She anxiously looked at his face while he mumbled under his breath. She kissed his forehead hoping for him to wake up. Newt eyes fluttered open. "Wh-what?" 

"You're awake!" Y/n sobbed. 

Suddenly, realization sprung into his eyes. "I'm sorry," he whispered. 

The girl began to sob, "Why, Newt? Why?"

"I-I just..." Newt faultered. "I just hate it here! I hate being trapped! I'm all alone, Y/n! How could I want to live!" 

She cried more, "Newt, no! Don't you see! You're not alone! You are never alone! Because, Newt, you have me! I promise. I promise I'm here! Newt, I love you! I love you so, so, so much!"

Newt was sobbing too at this point, "I'm so sorry, Y/n. I wasn't thinking! I was running and... all of the sudden I just had this earge - like I couldn't control myself - I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" 

Suddenly, Y/n's lips collided with Newt's. His lips were gentle and hesitant against hers and Y/n earged him on softly. Slowly the kiss got the tiniest bit deeper. After a few seconds, Newt pulled away. Y/n went to lean in again but Newt backed up. 

"Why me?" he whispered with a shaky voice. 

"Because I love you, Newt," Yn answered as she played with his hair a little. 

"E-even with a limp?" Newt faultered. 

"Even with a limp," Y/n responded. 

They shared another sweet, lovely kiss. 

Y/n pulled back. She cleared her throat, "It's late. I should go to bed."

"Wait!" Newt cried, grabbing Y/n hand as she turned away. "Stay with me?" 

Y/n smiled. She climbed into the bed and tucked herself up against next against Newt. Newt rested his head on Y/n's chest listening to her heartbeat.