46. Bahrain pt7

"Look, I'm not your mother but I do care about you. And making silly decisions like making out with Lilli isn't good for you. But I guess if you like her then you should go for it." I said.
"To be honest I didn't expect it to happen. She kissed me and I didn't pull away, I was just slightly annoyed about this morning." He said.
"This morning? What about this morning?" I asked.
"Well you were you know... touching..." This was getting extremely awkward and uncomfortable.
"Ok yeah I get it but why would you be annoyed about that?" I asked.
"Cause I didn't know who you were thinking about when you did it. You could've been thinking about George-"
"Woah woah woah, stop. I wasn't thinking about anyone but why does that bother you?" I asked.
"I don't know, I just want you to be careful." He said.
"Hmm, It seems to me, you care about me Mr Norris." I smirked as a joke.
"Well yeah anyway, don't you need to go?" He asked. Oh crap yeah I forgot about George. "So where are you going and who with?" He asked.
"I'm doing something fun with George." I said. Oh shit, I forgot I wasn't supposed to tell anyone we were meeting up. "Oh, ok. Well have fun." He said sounding slightly disappointed. I wished him goodbye and left.  

I rushed to the private room where I found Georges letter. I walked in and he stood there holding a bunch of flowers. "Hey!" I said.
"Hey, I thought you didn't get the letter for a second then. Anyway these are for you. They are like a sorry for not being able to text you." He said passing me the flowers.
"Awh thank you." I hugged him. "So where do you want to go?" I asked.
"There's a private restaurant near here." He said. I nodded and we walked to the restaurant, "So I don't know if it's just me overthinking things but something seems off with you today." 
"Oh um I don't know." Yes I do, I'm super embarrassed about this morning and I caught Lando making out with Lilli and fine I admit it bothered me. "Well if you want to talk about anything you can talk to me about it." He said sincerely, I smiled as a way of saying thank you but no thank you. I cannot talk to him about this but something seemed odd as we approached this restaurant. It looked fancy, too fancy and George seemed nervous. 

As we got taken round the restaurant, I noticed barely anyone here, the booths looked closed off, he was right in saying this was a private restaurant. We got taken into a small booth in the back, the booth was all black, the table was white marble, no one was around here. "I will come back in five minutes to ask about drinks." The waitress walked away. 
"No one is here." I said still looking around.
"Yeah, this is the more private section of the restaurant, it's more expensive but it's worth it if I get to spend some time with you." He smiled, I may have blushed.
"So how's it going with your new PR manager?" I asked changing the subject.
"I think Mercedes are going to sack* her, she's not very supportive, she doesn't act like a member of the team. Anyway how's the apprenticeship coming?" He asked.
"Yeah, it's going good. I'm training to be a communications manager. I didn't realise how much one person can fall in love with a sport. I love it, the excitement, the travel, being part of the team, every single bit." 
"I'm glad you like it, I hope you will stay in F1 after your apprenticeship ends. Everyone loves you, the fans, the drivers, your team." I smiled at George. "So um I was thinking if maybe you wanted for us to start seeing each other more often." He said nervously.
"Oh like more in public."
"Yeah but like not as friends like more." He suggested.
"Oh so like, talking?" I said, this was getting awkward.
"Yeah, we aren't dating but we're moving towards that." In a way, I was scared if I agree to this and it goes to shit, we won't have our friendship anymore but this could really help me move on from Lando. I sat for a few moments thinking and finally agreed. George and I weren't dating but we were something. He smiled and sighed with relief, that must have been why he was so nervous this morning. He posted a picture on his story of the restaurant, as it was a private area no one would come and find us. We made an agreement that we would keep this talking thing between us. 

We ordered our drinks followed by our food and started talking about all things except F1. We both were under pressure in our jobs in F1 and talking about it when it wasn't happening felt stressful enough so it wasn't a subject we talked about. About half an hour later we had just finished our starters when we heard two people giggling and walking towards our booth, I thought fans had got into the restaurant and was worried that it would ruin the dinner but no it wasn't fans, it was a voice followed by another that I recognised both. 

"Hey you two." Lando smiled, was he being serious. Why was he here?
"Hey Lando um what are you doing here?" George asked looking at me unsure.
"He's taking me out for dinner." Lilli smiled at me.
"Oh nice, well have a nice dinner." I said, attempting to get them to go away.
"Well could we sit with you two?" Lando asked. 
"Um well it's not a good time." I said, I gave him a look to say fuck off but nothing, he just smiled.
"Yeah babe I don't really want to sit with them especially her." Lilli said pointing at me. I rolled my eyes and looked at Lando. "Lando please we can have dinner with you another time just not now." I said.
"Wait wait, are you two on a date?" Lilli asked George and I. 

----------

Sack/sacked = fired