35. Pre season testing Pt4

"So how's thing's been these past few months?" I asked.
"Fine, a bit weird you not being there but fine. Have you been ok?" He asked.
"Yeah, I've been ok." I lied. 
"Have you missed me?" Lando asked.
"Yeah of course I have, we agreed to a distance friendship but to me it's like we are strangers and I don't like that." I said soundly slightly sad.
"Yeah I agree with you but this is not my fault, You run off when you drop my meals off." 
"I'm not saying it's your fault and how did you know that?" I asked.
"Max told me and Molly has a big mouth too she told me about your little crying session to that heartbreak song girl Olivia..." He tried to think. 
"Olivia Rodrigo and don't judge me for crying, they tell me stuff too."
"I wasn't judging you I promise but what do they tell you about me?" Lando asked.
"That you didn't leave your room for a few days..." I said looking guilty.
"Yeah that night kind of felt like a break up that never happened. I just wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone or go anywhere." 
"I'm sorry for everything." I said.
"It's not your fault, it had to happen but we need to make an agreement. From now on we don't wind each other up, we are happy for each other and I think we should start seeing people." Lando said, I gulped from those last words. "Yeah... no you're right." I smiled, holding my tears in. I wanted Lando to be happy but I don't know if I could prepare myself to see him with another girl, I know we weren't dating but we may as well have been. "Well I have to head back to the pits now, I'll speak to you later." Lando said. 
"Yeah bye." I smiled. 

Soon after Lando left, Jon came over and sat in the chair Lando was sat in. "So how'd the conversation go?" Jon asked.
"Yeah fine..." I stared at my salad as my fork played with my food.
"Obviously not then. I'm not surprised, Lando still cares about you, he was getting jealous of us running around during track walk." 
"Lando told me, the two of us should start seeing people." 
"Oh." Jon said.
"Look he's probably right it will get us to stop whatever is going on between us." I said, Jon stayed quiet. "Come on, let's go to the pits, Lando's testing session is soon." We both got up and left. 

I stayed standing with Lando, getting him his water when he needed it. As Lando got in the car "Good luck you might need it." I grinned.
"Thanks and I don't need luck, I have talent." He winked, I laughed and rolled my eyes. I stepped away from the car, Jon came over to me "Go on then." He smiled pointing at the blanket tyre on the left front. "Are you sure?" I asked.
"Yeah, you've done it before." Jon smiled. I walked over to the blanket tyre waiting for the signal to take them off again. After the signal was given, I took it off quickly, Lando left in the car.

He was confident on the track, if this was a race, he'd being going against all track limits. "Lando calm down this is testing not a race, bring the confidence throughout the season not now." Jose said over the radio. "I like to put on a performance for my viewers, mainly the ladies." He laughed knowing they'd show it on tv. Most of the pit crew laughed, whilst I rolled my eyes and scoffed, Jon noticed and began to laugh at me. As I was watching testing I remembered that I was going to out this evening with George and I never actually asked Zak if it was ok, he was too busy for me to ask him now so I'd have to wait for testing to be done. 

After a long four hours of watching Lando come in and out the pit and go around in circles, testing was finally over. I walked across the pit lane to the pit wall, "Zak do you have a moment?" I asked. 
"Yeah of course what is it?" He smiled.
"Is it ok, if instead of staying with Lando for the rest of the evening I spend some time with George Russell, he's a good friend of mine." I said, Zak looked over to Lando who was staring at us for some reason.
"Yes that's fine, why did you ask me?" 
"Because I wanted to make sure it was ok." I smiled.
"Ok well have fun." Zak smiled. 

Lando's POV
I saw y/n walking across the pit lane towards the pit wall. Oh shit, was she telling Zak about what's been going on between us ever since she started at McLaren? Oh crap, Zak was staring at me, I rubbed the back of my neck. If she tells him, I could lose my seat or even worse never drive in formula 1 ever again. She walked away from the pit wall and walked passed me through the pits, I followed her.

Y/n's POV
I was walking out of the pits when someone grabbed my arm, I whelped and looked to see Lando dragging me into the McLaren motorhome. "Lando wha-"
"Stop talking." He said pulling me into his room, I stood against the wall and he approached me slowly. "Lando please tell me why you brought me here-"
"What did you say to Zak? Cause if you told him about the stuff that's been happening since you joined, you know what could happen to me? I could lose my seat over this." He began to pace around the room. "My reputation will be thrown out the window-" I ran up to him and stopped him from pacing cupped his cheeks into my hand and stared at him in the eyes "I told him that I'm going out with George for the evening so I can't be around you for the rest of today." 
"Oh...George but why George you two barely know each other." Lando said sounding bothered.
"We know each other better than you think, we text each other everyday." I said.
"Oh ok."
"Well I'm gonna go." I said awkwardly, removing my hands from his face.
"Yeah ok, sorry for grabbing you." Lando said.
"It's fine, bye Lando."
"Bye." He said before I walked out.