45. Bahrain Pt6

As we were heading to the track, I checked the press conferences Lando had, he had a small number of them, which was good. Most of them were after fp2, so I wasn't hugely busy this morning except for sorting out tyre blankets and making sure Lando had water, etc. Once I scanned in my pass, I walked through the paddock and went into the private room for drivers and guests only. Luckily no one was in there, I was about to call Molly and tell her about how weird my morning was until I saw a letter on the table with my name on it. I picked it up and opened it.

Dear Y/n,

If the person reading this isn't Y/n please give it to her. So not texting you has been hard and I want to spend time with you. Meet me after the fp2 conferences in here. If you don't come then it means you didn't get the message, but if you do we can do something fun and secretive. Remember don't tell anyone.

Kind Regards,
GR 

It took me a minute to work out who this was from, until I remembered George telling me about his letters. I heard footsteps walking into the room and quickly shoved the letter into my jumper pocket. Max Verstappen walked in, "Oh hello Y/n, what are you doing in here?" He asked. 
"I was going to call my parents but no service." I lied and nervously laughed. "Wait how do you remember my name?" I asked. 
"Just because I'm some formula one driver, doesn't mean I won't remember your name. Also Lando is... very, what's the English word for it? Ah yes, smitten about you. Actually a lot of the guys are." He said.
"I wouldn't say that, Lando and I are just friends." 
"Hmm, well if you need to borrow a phone with service, you can borrow mine." He said.
"That's very kind of you Max, but it's not urgent so don't worry about it but thank you." I said leaving the room. 

The whole morning was busy and quite stressful, both Lando and Danny were still getting used to the new cars. Fp1 went smoothly for Lando, he isn't as quick as he was last season at Bahrain but everything in the car seemed to be working. Once fp1 wrapped up, we all went for lunch, I had a nice pasta meal, where Lando stuck to his usual wrap. 

We headed into the meeting room, where both drivers talked about how the car felt. Danny liked the car more than Lando. As the pit crew got ready for fp2, I spent sometime with Charlotte downloading all the current Bahrain press conferences onto a private file. Jon came up to us "Have either of you two seen Lando, he disappeared after the meeting and I can't find him." Jon said. We both shook our heads.
"Y/n can help you find him, I'll finish up with this." Charlotte said. Jon went back into the pits where I went upstairs to his hospitality room. I knocked on his door, no response. "Ok Lando, I'm coming in, if you are in here." I said, slowly opening the door. 

I opened the door to see Lando and Lilli on his sofa making out, he was on top of her. I cleared my throat, so much for only kissing her on the cheek. He quickly got up and patted down his shirt. "Have you ever heard of knocking?" Lilli said, with a evil look stuck to her face. 
"Yes I have and I did knock, you two were too busy sticking your tongues down each others throat to even notice." 
"Honestly that wasn't what was happening." Lando said, he looked nervous and guilty like he just cheated on someone. "Ok I really don't care, but I don't know if you've noticed the time but fp2 starts in 10 minutes and Jon has been looking for you everywhere." I said.
"Well clearly not everywhere then cause we're in here." Lilli said. 
"Ok, Lilli can you head up to the paddock club area please." He signalled for her to leave. She scoffed and left and gave me a dirty look as she left. Lando and I just stared at each other, he looked guilty and I felt betrayed, not because of the fact he kissed her but the fact he told me he wouldn't lead her on and that's what he's doing. "It just happened." He said.
"Mhm, look I don't care that you kissed her, I care about the fact you said you weren't going to do much with her, Lando kissing her is going to lead her on." I said, starting to become angry.
"Ok fine, but you're lying to yourself by saying you don't care that I kissed her." He smirked.
"Lando there's no time for jokes, I'm being serious." I said.
"Ok fine fine." He grabbed his bottle of water and headed to the door and whispered "But what I said wasn't a joke." And left. I stood speechless and slightly pissed off. I ran downstairs after him and he started to run away, I felt like a child chasing a boy at 5 years old. He shouted "You will never catch me." He started to make me laugh as we started to run into the pits. Charlotte immediately told us to calm down and stop and we were laughing like children. I was still slightly annoyed at him though. Lando talked to William Joseph, one of his race engineers, whilst I put on a pair of headphones and listened to the people talking over the radio. Once I removed Lando's tyre blankets and he was released from the pits I stood and watched him and Danny as they did fp2. 

As soon as fp2 finished Lando quickly got changed for the press conferences, just because we laughed before fp2 doesn't make what he did ok. We didn't really talk during the press conferences, I was just telling him where to go. As we wrapped up the press conferences we headed back to the motorhome, "Hey can we finish our conversation from earlier?" He asked.
"I thought it was done from that little comment you made at the end." I said.
"I don't remember making a comment." He lied.
"Fine but I have somewhere to go so be quick." I said. We walked upstairs to his hospitality and he sat on the sofa, I decided to pass on sitting as he could've done anything on that sofa.