8. Molly's farewell

It was coming up to the last week of summer before I start at McLaren and Molly leaves to start college. So far summer has been great I've seen Lando quite a lot and he seems like such a nice person and I can't wait to start working with him. Zak made a few calls over the break making sure that I settled well and felt happy.

It was August 30th and I woke up to a call from Zak. I picked it up trying to sound like I didn't just wake up. "Hello?" I answered acting like I didn't know who was calling.
"Hey y/n it's Zak!" He said with enthusiasm.
"Oh hey Zak!"
"I hope I didn't wake you but I'm calling to ask you if you would like to attend the Netherlands Grand Prix with us this weekend, you don't have too if you don't want too, it's just so you can get an idea of what it will be live when you start to work in the pits, don't see this as work see this as a good getaway." He said. I was so excited and immediately agreed, I couldn't keep my excitement in and screamed forgetting I was still on the phone to Zak, I heard him chuckle through the speakers of my phone. "Right so you'll need to be ready at 6am for me to pick you up on Wednesday and you'll need to be in uniform the entire weekend and costs are covered, when we arrive at the hotel you will have a room opposite Charlotte and you will need to stay with her the entire time that you are there she will tell you what you need to pay attention to and where to go. Wednesday you can have a look around the towns but if you want to do that you will need a member of staff to go with you as you are not yet 18. Thursday you will be expected to be up early at around 8am, you will have breakfast with Charlotte and Lando and then you will make your way to the track in Charlotte'c car. You will then probably do a track walk which will take a couple hours and some other exciting stuff. I'm not going to spoil the rest of your weekend for you but if you get lost you MUST call me or Charlotte, I'll text you her work number, if you end up on in the pits or in the paddock on your own just sit in the McLaren motor home until you see me or Charlotte, ok? Sorry if that was a lot to take in." He said.
"Yeah that's fine." I tell him, I wrote notes of what he said. He told me the night routine I should consider doing so I can wake up on time and not tired. He recommended I wear blue light glasses from 8pm until I go to bed which should be no later than 10, luckily my mum did her research and bought me blue light glasses before I left. After writing all the notes I hung up and told Molly, she was happy for me and told me she planned on leaving tomorrow morning as she needs to get back into her sleeping routine as shes been recently sleeping in until 11. "Hey why don't we go out to dinner tonight? as like a farewell but until next time dinner." I suggested.
"Yeah that's a great idea but instead of it just being us why don't we invite Max and Lando?" She asked. "Well only if they want too."
"Great I'll text Max." She said typing away. About an hour after Max replied agreeing that Lando and him would come.

That night I threw on some nice clothes and did my makeup. Molly and I walked downstairs to the car park of the apartment and saw Lando and Max waiting, we got in the car. "So where are we going?" Lando asked. I looked at Molly for an answer. "You guys haven't chosen yet?" Molly and I both shook our heads. "Ooooh I'm craving fish and chips." Molly said.
"I'm sorry but absolutely not. I. Hate. Fish." Lando said in disgust.
"Fine, what are some nice places around here?" Molly asked. Max listed out a selection of fancy sounding restaurants. "Or there's just McDonald's?" Max said.
"Yes!" Molly said. The boys looked at each other like Molly was joking. "Guys come on it's my going away party." Molly said pouting her lips.
"Fine." They replied. I dressed up nice just for a Maccies are you serious? I was pretty pissed that I looked nice.

When we arrived we walked in, I was getting death stares from girls my age and younger, Lando's really popular here but it wasn't like that between Lando and I, friends that work together that's it. I noticed a group of girls taking photos of us all together like they were a small gang of paparazzi. I paid for our food considering Lando drove here and it was Molly's going away party and Max took Molly and I home when we played golf so it's only fair. I ordered a mayo chicken burger with a diet coke, everyone else got basically the same thing except different drinks. We took the food back to mine as there were too many eyes and too many cameras, we sat at the kitchen table eating our food. "You're going to have to be dealing with me this whole weekend." I said to Lando. "How come I have the dutch grand prix?"
"Well I do too according to Zak." I said.
"You're coming?"
"Yeah, Mr Norris I have to deal with seeing you again." I said jokingly with the back of my hand against my forehead.
"Oh gosh now I have to deal with seeing you too Miss y/l/n." He said doing the same gestures as me we both laughed. Molly and Max both looked at each other with suspicious faces. "You two are a lot closer than I thought." Max said.
"You can say that again." Molly replied with a giggle. Lando and I both rolled our eyes, Lando had a grin on his face, that comment made it awkward. We changed the subject by asking Molly what her plans were for the future and she just had no idea. After a couple hours of talking Max and Lando said their goodbyes to Molly and left, which made Molly cry. We spent the night watching the entire Twilight Saga before we fell asleep halfway through Eclipse.