10. Dutch Grand Prix, Wednesday

I am sorry I am currently writing this when it hasn't even happened yet, so bare with me. I will probably come back an edit a few things, so it sounds more realistic e.g. what position Lando got, etc, anyways on with the story...

I woke up to my alarm screaming, ugh not the noise I want to wake up too. I had enough time to have a shower and get ready. I slept well considering the nerves were racing through me, I would have to get used to waking up at 5am on travelling days. I got in the shower my eyes were still puffy from sleeping. I quickly got dressed into my uniform and put on some makeup, I made it look natural as I'm basically working now even though Zak said I'm not. I grabbed my bags and sat at the kitchen table waiting for a text from Zak telling me he'd arrived, I got my key card for the locked draw and placed it around my neck.

When I received the text I got my bags and locked up my apartment. Zak helped me by putting my suitcase in the back of his car, like Lando he had a McLaren too but that's understandable considering he's the CEO, he also gave me my boarding pass which I placed inside my passport.

We first went to the technology centre and we went to a big room where about just less than 100 people stood in. Zak told me to follow him up to the front, I saw Lando and Charlotte talking about something important. Zak stood on the small stand and patted the microphone. "Hello can I get everyone's attention for a second?" everyone stopped talking and looked towards Zak. "Right so I'm sure you all know we have an apprentice who is starting here on Monday, she will be joining us this weekend to get a feel for Grand Prix life. I will introduce her in a second but before that, if you see her and she looks lost just help her or show her where either Charlotte or I will be as she's never done this before." Zak says pointing at Charlotte. "Ok?" Everyone nods. "Good. Right this is y/n." He says bringing me up to the stand. I smile and everyone waves and smiles back. I get down from the stand and stand next to Charlotte whilst Zak tells everyone the plan of action for today. Once he finishes talking everyone starts to talk again, Zak tells me to follow him as Lando and Charlotte still need to discus media related matters.

We go up to Zak's office as he needs to grab his passport and lock his office up. We walk back to Zak's car and get our stuff and put it in the coach. We saw everyone in the coach waiting. "Y/n sit next to Charlotte down at the back, If you need me I'll be at the front here with Andreas." He says pointing at Charlotte, she waves with a smile, I nod and sit next to her. The coach journey wasn't long and it was nice to talk to Charlotte again, we talked about what I did over the summer and she talked about how nice it was to get away from work during the summer break period.

When we arrived at the airport everyone dropped off their suitcases, went through security got breakfast and headed to our gate, Charlotte told me that it was a private flight due to privacy. Whilst we waited in the sitting area I saw Lando across the room sleeping. "Look." I said to Charlotte pointing at Lando, she let out a laugh. We went over and Charlotte took a photo of Lando with his mouth open asleep, "When he wakes up I'll ask him if I can post it to the McLaren Instagram account." She said being respectful. We sat back down and waiting for the announcement that we could board the plane.

Once the announcement was made I grabbed my passport and boarding pass that Zak gave me this morning and stood in line with Charlotte. Lando was still sleeping on the seat to which Jon, one of the pit crew members, nudged him to wake up, everyone laughed standing in line.

After going through the gate onto the plane, I sat next to Charlotte, she told me that she needs to get her stuff ready for the press conferences this weekend for Lando. So I put my headphones on and listened to music, the flight was just longer than and hour so it wasn't long when we landed. As we got off the flight Zak came and checked to make sure I was ok before heading back to Andreas to talk more about the weekend ahead.

As Charlotte and I stood waiting for our suitcases to come round the conveyor belt, Daniel Ricciardo, Lando's teammate came up to us. "Hey y/n I'm Daniel, I'm sorry I couldn't say hello earlier been a bit busy." He said. I heard stuff about Daniel that he's a bit of a joker and likes to play pranks on people. "Hey Daniel it's nice to meet you." I replied and shook his hand. We had a small chat before getting called back to his PR manager.

We grabbed our bags and headed outside we got in a taxi and headed to the hotel. "We won't get a taxi tomorrow I will get a lease car later on today, I just travel between hotel and airport." Charlotte said. Lando already had a lease car as he requested it earlier, a Mercedes, he can drive a Mercedes as McLaren use a Mercedes engine in Formula 1 but if he drove a Ferrari to the track that wouldn't be a good look for McLaren.

Once we arrived at the hotel, I unpacked my stuff and jumped on my bed. Most of the pit crew were at the Zandvoort track setting everything up. Charlotte sorted out the lease car whilst I stayed in my room. When Charlotte got back we went for a drive around a place called Haarlem it was gorgeous there. After spending a few hours touring we went back to the hotel to have dinner as we pulled up to the hotel a bunch of girls stood outside. "They're waiting for Lando or Daniel, no offence to Daniel but it's probably Lando." Charlotte said. As we walked in a few people recognised Charlotte asking her if she could get Lando to go outside she just ignored them. I waited downstairs whilst Charlotte grabbed Lando from his room, as the doors of the lift opened to the ground floor the girls outside could see Lando and started screaming hysterically.

We sat down and had our dinner we didn't talk about the race, as it may make Lando feel more stressed. We talked about life and what's happening and Lando talked about his obsession with golf.

After dinner we headed upstairs and all went to our hotel rooms. Zak called me to make sure I was ok before going to bed, it was nice that he was so welcoming he's almost like a dad to me. I got everything ready for tomorrow and got my walking shoes ready for the track walk. I did my skincare routine and went to sleep.