Trust You (Discovery)

1027 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written October 10 2021
Posted October 17 2021

"Huh" Conan reread the sentence a second time to make sure that he hadn't misread it. Ever since Kaito's last heat, he'd been trying to deduce just what was up with his friend's biology. The magician had allowed Ai to run some tests on him, and said tests had confirmed that Kaito was currently a very healthy omega. Kaito had only allowed the tests because he'd seen that Conan had been genuinely concerned about his health. Ai being the one to run said tests had also been a bit of a boon. A lot of doctors liked to get extra handsy with omegas, Ai had been professional.

The tiny sleuth couldn't really take the information without a lot of scepticism. Apparently compatibility had a lot of influence on how hard a heat hit an omega. The more compatible the bonded pair was, the less intense their heats were- especially when both alpha and omega were in close proximity during said heat. Conan tilted his head in thought. So while he hadn't seen any cases where there'd been no arousal, it was logical to conclude that it was possible. Not everyone shared information about their heats and ruts after all.

Omegas hadn't gotten their full rights until not that long ago- then recently said rights had been severely diminished. Most older pairings had probably been forced, making compatible pairings rare. Conan figured that nobody really said anything about their odd heats in an attempt to not draw attention. Why risk giving high ranking alphas an excuse to study you when you were perfectly fine with how things were? So Kaito probably wasn't an exception, they'd just had surprisingly good enough luck for them to actually be very compatible.

Conan's ears warmed a bit. They were very compatible, was that why they'd grow so close so quickly? He also really enjoyed Kaito's scent, it just felt so right to him. Would Kaito enjoy his scent the same way if he weren't constantly wearing scent blockers? Wait, how had Kaito been able to smell the alpha on him? Nobody had ever said anything, Ran sure as hell would have said something if he'd smelt like himself. Another mystery? Or could that just be chalked up to their compatibility?

"Oh"

Flinching, Conan turned around to see Kaito reading over his shoulder. The magician looked both surprised and curious- and his cheeks had tinted a light pink? Conan blinked, recollecting himself "I think I might have found out why your last heat was so strange"

Kaito hummed before meeting Conan's gaze, indigos were soft "We have always worked well together" His lips quirked up into a kind smile "It's not as surprising as I'd thought it'd be" The answer felt right. Kaito couldn't help but feel a little lighter at the thought of being so compatible with the sleuth.

Conan nodded "And we trusted each other a lot quicker than we really should have considering circumstances" He'd been quick to trust Kaitou Kid to keep people safe. Someone who's identity had been unknown. A few non-lethal heists and suddenly he trusted Kid with Ran's life?

"Yeah" Kaito smiled nostalgically "Looking back, trusting a tiny child to catch the bad guys doesn't sound so good" That'd been before he'd known that the tiny child was actually a shrunken teen detective. He offered Conan a cup of coffee.

The sleuth didn't even try to figure out where the coffee had come from, instead he accepted it gratefully. The beverage was comfortably warm "I wish it was safe enough for omegas to actually come out and inform everyone of different cases regarding their biology" There was a lot of misinformation. Most textbooks had been written by biased alphas before the Omegan Rights Act had become a thing. There were very few volunteers after the act was established, most omegas had already had enough of being poked and prodded without their consent.

Kaito nodded in agreement "Maybe anonymous blogs could be made..." He frowned "But not everyone's IP address is as secure as ours" Those people who had 'unique' cases might get targeted. The magician sighed "Stupid prejudice"

"At least everyone got a warning before the laws changed" Conan shivered at the thought of people waking up, only to find out that their rights had lowered significantly out of the blue.

Indigos darkened "I would have killed any alpha that tried to force a bond on me"

Conan froze, he'd never heard Kaito sound so venomous or deadly. He didn't doubt the other's words "I wouldn't have blamed you" He didn't condone killing, but even half bonds were permanent until death or a mutual break. He'd consider it to be an act of self defence, especially since it was Kaito. The magician would never kill without a very good reason.

The darkness left Kaito's face, replaced with a more fond expression "I know" He sat down next to Conan. That was why he decided to trust the other to mark him in the first place. Kaito took a sip of hot chocolate, the mug randomly appearing in his hands "Since we know why my heat was like that, can I spend most of my heats with you?" Just snuggling and spending time with Conan was much more enjoyable than sating his heat the normal way.

Face warming before he could help it, Conan nodded. The sentence was embarrassing, even though he knew that the actual request wasn't even suggestive. He took in another mouthful of coffee before speaking "It should be fine, I enjoyed spending your heat with you" Kaito's scent had been stronger than ever before, he wasn't opposed to experiencing that again. Kaito had also been good company, completely lucid, and just more touchy. Except that none of the touches had been sexual, they'd just been about being near one another

Kaito's chest fluttered, something about those words had made him feel very happy. The pleased feeling was odd, but a nice one all the same "I enjoyed it too, it's nice to just relax" Conan made for a wonderful teddy bear, he was just the right size for optimal hugging. He was actually starting to feel excited for his next heat, wow. That was a first.

Me: So the mystery was solved~ A nice calm part~ I love non-sexual omega!Kaito books, though I do love a good R rated one of it's written well 0 .0

Comment? ^-^

I feel content, I did all my laundry (wasn't slob, wanted basket to be full), all my blankets have been washed... Anti-bacterial sprayed my bed with fabric safe spray~

I also vacuumed my floor, mopped then put everything back into my room that I moved for cleaning

^-^ I store scented candles with my stored bedsheets/pillowcases, I hate candles but I gift them to people who like them. It makes them smell good.

I also have some candles in my clothes drawers because I Christmas shop all year round and pick things up off and on... I may have bought too many candles? •~•

*Despises candle sniffing due to sensitive node* very rare I find a candle I like the scent of

I hate all soap, I just gotta deal with it until I become nose-blind to it and can't smell it anymore. That's how picky I am.

Gah getting used to Zest soap was a nightmare *shivers* my nose burned when I just laid my head against my arm. I use dove now, Shea Butter one smells bad >.< For now