-ten-

ChangBin's POV

"What'd Chan say when you told him we were going to eat?" SeungMin questions as he picks at the food in front of him.

He hasn't eaten much, but I can't blame him. His throat is bothering him and most of this is spicy. That's the last thing he should be eating.

"Nothing really. He just said he'd deal with HyunJin. He knew it'd be hard to get him to stop practicing." I shrug as I shove a piece of meat into my mouth. I know more than that, but he doesn't need to know.

Chan told me his entire plan. The little house tucked in a quiet neighborhood so HyunJin could draw, paint, and scream his heart out. I was jealous—and mad. Why hadn't I come up with something like that for Felix first? Now if I do it—I'll feel like I'm just copying him. It doesn't really matter though. Felix doesn't seem to care about me as much more than a friend or brother.

I glance over to see Felix and JeongIn messing around. It feels nice seeing him back to his giggly self. He seemed so weird earlier. He was so focused on everyone else it was worrying. He seems content now that JeongIn is playing with him.

SeungMin follows my gaze and smiles as he rests his hand on JeongIn's knee. JeongIn turns toward him to see what SeungMin wanted, but SeungMin shakes his head in dismissal.

"Hyung—do you think Sung is mad at me still? I just didn't want him to overwork himself and make it worse." Felix turns toward me and his happy smile fades as JiSung creeps back into his thoughts.

"Don't worry about Sung. He knows you only did it because you care. He'll get over it—probably be thankful you stopped him, too. How's your arm? You seemed a little hesitant to use it much during practice." I reach out to gently grab his arm. He willingly places it in my grasp and allows me to examine it without complaint.

"It's still sore, but it's probably just a sprain or a bruise. It's not unbearable. I told MinHo before we practiced so he knew. That's why he didn't say much when my arm movements weren't as powerful or on point." Felix shrugs as he slowly pulls his arm back. He glances back at JeongIn who sticks his tongue out at him. The two go back to bickering and SeungMin eyes me suspiciously.

"Hm? Why are you looking at me like that?" I scratch at the back of my neck anxiously. He looks like he's scheming something horrible. Is he going to take me out back and murder me? Is he planning on harvesting my organs and selling them on the black market? When he gets mad—it's not impossible for him to do something like that.

"Huh? Oh—sorry. Just distracted." SeungMin mumbles before nodding toward my phone sitting on the table. He holds up his own and points at it.

I hesitantly pick it up and unlock it. As if on cue, a message comes through from him. I glance over at Felix anxiously before clicking on it.

Satan's Puppy❤️: what's going on? You know more than you're telling me... don't you?

Me: what are you talking about?

Satan's Puppy❤️: about Chan and HyunJin. I saw them eyeing each other during practice. HyunJin looked like he was going to pass out when Chan lifted his shirt to wipe his forehead.

Me: I have no idea. I told you what I know.

Satan's Puppy❤️: you came home with them last night. What happened?