Chapter 25

(Cassidy's dad in the media box)

Unedited

"I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth. But if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to. I'm in love with you, and all these little things. - One Direction.

Chapter 25-

Cassidy Jones

"You have, two new voice messages." The robotic machine voice said. "Message received today at, 9:11am."

My mothers voice came out on my phone. "Honey, what happened this morning? Your father said you were angry and said some mean things...call me back, you know I hate leaving messages. Call me!"

I sighed, knowing I'll have to call her back sooner or later. Pressing the second button on my phone, I allowed the other message to play.

"Message received today at, 10:15am."

"Hey, Cass, you didn't pick up, hope your okay. Sorry I left so early in the morning and didn't get a chance to see you, but I promise we'll hang out tonight, it's my last night with you before I have to go back, call me when you can. Love you, MWAH!(gave a kiss)." Gwen's recording said.

"Everything okay sweetie?" Mrs. Harland asked from beside me, as we were walking in the hospital corridor, down to Sean's room.

Nodding, I replied, "Yes, just a few minor family issues."

Her expression changed to a frown. "Anything you want to talk about? You know, even though we only met last week, I feel like I've known you for a very long time, so please, don't feel like you can't tell me anything that's bothering you."

The way she spoke comforted me. Something my parents have been failing to do. My parents lacking in my life has really caused a lot of things to change. I never talk to them about things anymore. Especially my dad. I never wanted things to be this way. Sadly, this is how things are, and this is how they're going to remain unless I talk to both my parents like a mature, young adult. They're going to have to realise that I miss them! I really, really miss them.

I gave her a broken smile. "Thank you, Mrs. Harland."

She gave me a side way hug as we continued walking down the corridor. "Call me Elizabeth, darling."

Elizabeth.

Such a beautiful name. She kind of reminds me of a younger version of Mrs. Gilmore. Speaking of which, I need to call her. She didn't pick up when I called yesterday while the storm happened. I really hope she's okay.

I made a mental note to call her as soon as I left the hospital.

Once we reached the room, Elizabeth opened the door, allowing me to enter first.

"Mom, Cass!" Sean beamed happily when he saw us both. He looked good. Wait, better than good! His face wasn't pale like last night, there were no dark circles under his eyes, and today, he was smiling.

"Honey!" Elizabeth opened her arms widely, walking over to her son, reading to envelope him in a hug. Sean opened his arms too, as she reached him, hugging him tightly.

The scene warmed my heart. Sean may not come from a rich family like I do, but at least he has a mother than cares for him so much. Something that I didn't have. Something that I yearned for. Something I wished would happen to me. That's more valuable than anything in world.

When Elizabeth pulled away, she turned to face me, giving me a smirk. "Don't you want to give Sean a hug?"

I blushed.