Chapter 19

Unedited

Chapter 19-

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." - A.A. Milne

LOVE ME LIKE YOU DO - ELLIE GOULDING IS SPECIAL FOR THIS CHAPTER. WHEN YOU SEE A MESSAGE FROM ME SAYING "PLAY VIDEO NOW", PLEASE PLAY IT AS IT GOES WITH THE SCENE WELL. THANKS GUYS. ENJOY <3

Sean Harland

Her eyes were hard to read at that very moment I told her. The look on her face was blank, expressionless. She just kept looking deeply into my eyes as I was looking into hers. Her blue orbs focused on mine, like we were the only people in the library. Just us two.

Her next action took me by surprise. She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around my body, hugging me tightly. My body stiffened as her arms were around me. I've never hugged a girl, never been close enough to one to even experience it. And incase your all wondering, no, I've never been with a girl before, and yes, that does mean I'm a virgin.

"Why're you hugging me?" I finally asked once I found my voice, because the way she was holding onto me, I was speechless. She did it with such love and affection. She was still holding onto me, and wasn't letting go.

"I'm sorry." She quickly pulled away and I didn't expect to feel cold without her close to me.

"It's just, I never wanted you to get close to me from day one because I didn't know what my chances were of surviving this surgery are." I explained as she sat back down beside me.

She held onto my hand which felt great against my skin. "I've heard about heart failure, you don't die from it, you just do a surgery for it."

"Yeah but my dad died from his heart condition, so I guess I'm just nervous and then you came along and we're nice to me and tried to be friends with me, which scared me, because no-ones ever attempted to talk to me. They think I'm a bad boy who keeps to himself. You were the first person who made me feel different. You were the first person who kept trying. I guess I'm just afraid to open up to you because I didn't want you to leave my life once I got too close to you."

"Why would I leave you?" She asked. "I can't even believe you would think that. Sean, I want to stay by your side all the more now because I care about you, you douche." She lightly smacks me on the arm making me chuckle.

I looked up at her. "So, we still friends?"

"Always." She replied with a smile on her beautiful face. I felt happy. At Least I now know that no matter what happens after my surgery, Cassidy gave me her word and she said she'll always be by my side. I still really like her more than a friend, but I don't want to rush into anything with her. We just became friends like yesterday, and today I told her my about my heart condition, so I'm not gonna jump her boat by saying I like her.

"You're such a weirdo." I joked in attempt to change the topic now and get back to how we joke around.

She gaped at me. "Me?! You're the weirdo, you weirdo."

I faked a yawn. "Wow, is that the best you've got?"

"Don't push my buttons, Sean." She warned in a serious tone, however I knew she was kidding.

I poked her shoulder. "I just pushed your shoulder button, what're you gonna do about it?" I provoke her, as I stick my tongue out.

She let out a laugh. "Your so childish, seriously growing up is apart of life Sean, you should try it."

I raised my brow at her with a smirk on my face. "Oh really? Well then why are you friends with a child for?"

"I'm not, I'm just babysitting you."