Chapter 21

Unedited

"We can only learn to love by loving." - Iris Murdoch

Chapter 21-

Cassidy Jones

I stared at him with bulged eyes and I was gaping. "Landon, what d you mean your not gay, is this a joke?" I cried out incredulously.

"Ssh!" He point his index finger to my lip and looked around to see if anyone was around us.

"There's no one on the streets, Lan, it's freezing cold, not to mention a storm just happened earlier, and it's 8 o'clock already. Now can you please tell me what the hell is going on?"

"Alright." He heaved in a breath and rubbed his eyes. "I'm not gay." He repeated again.

"Explain." I demanded. How was he not gay? He told me he was when we first met.

"It's hard. Lately I've been feeling so attracted to this girl." He began, his voice shaky and nervous. "She's so beautiful, and I don't know why I've been thinking about her lips, her hair, her body, her everything. But she thinks I'm gay, but I haven't been feeling attracted to guys anymore. It's strange, but I think I'm straight." He concluded, his head lowered and his gaze stuck on the floor not daring to look up.

I held his chin to make him look up at me. "Landon, is that why you've been acting weird tonight?"

He didn't answer, he just nodded his head.

"Well, can you tell me who she is?"

He shook his head. "I can't."

"But why not?"

"You would be so surprised."

"Landon." I held onto his shoulder blades. "Look at me."

And he did.

"I am your best friend, I thought we promised each other when we met, that no matter what, we would always tell each other anything no matter how bad it is."

He let out a shaky breath, and looked into my eyes. "It's Jane."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Who's Jane?"

He chuckled at my answer. "You know, the girl with brown hair, she's in our maths class, she sits directly behind you." I thought about it and I suddenly remembered. It's the girl who always looks at Landon and is so interested in him.

She even asked me one time if he's dating anyone. I didn't tell her he's gay, because Landon didn't want anyone knowing, so I just told her that he is, but she goes to another school.

I jumped up and down in joy and excitement, making Landon look at me like I'm crazy. "She likes you!"

He gaped. "How do you know?"

"She always looks at you in class, I can see it in her eyes, she has a crush on you."

His lips broke into a smile. I couldn't help but smile widely. Despite the fact that this was a complete shock, I'm happy that Landon came out with the truth to me. It's definitely a big shock, but as long as Landon's happy, so am I.

"I can't believe it." He gasped. "I never thought I'd feel attracted towards a girl. Ever. But I guess I am now."

I smiled at his happiness, but then I suddenly remembered something. "Wait, how long have you been feeling attracted to her?"

"About a month or two." He answered after thinking about it.

I gasped. "So, you've been straight, for a month or two, and I've been getting dressed and undressed in front of you thinking it doesn't bother you!"

"Actually, it was you who got me to realise I'm attracted to girls." He confessed.

I gasped. "What?!"

He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "Yeah, well, you'd be getting undressed, and I'd feel like weird, I'd feel like attracted to your body."

"Oh my god, Landon! Your such a perv." I smacked his arm.

"Ow!" He rubbed his arm. "Anyway, it's not my fault you have a hot body. So when I realised I'm attracted to girls bodies, I knew that I liked Jane."

"Who are you? And what've you done to my sweet, innocent Landon?" I asked in bewilderment.

He laughed. "Calm down, woman. I'm still the same sweet, innocent Landon. Nothing's changed."

"Yeah, now you can check me out without me knowing."

"You're not my type, Cass." He answered overconfidently.

I clutched my heart area. "Hurtful." I said feigning sadness.

He laughed again and gave me a hug. "You know I love you, right?"

I rolled my eyes although he couldn't see because we were still in hugging. "I know." I mumbled against his t-shirt.

When he pulled away, he looked into my eyes. "We still friend?"

Of course, I'll still love Landon and he's still my best friend; but I guess I just need a little time to adapt to the new Landon.

"Always." I answered with a smile on my face. He instantly smiled and gave me another hug, only this time, it was a bone crushing hug.

"Can't. Breath!" I wheezed out, until he quickly pulled away.

"Sorry." He mumbled with a light chuckle.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Sure you are, now let's go back upstairs."

We both got ready to walk into the building, when the sudden sound of an ambulance wailing coming down the street, stopped us both in our tracks.

Before I knew it, the ambulance came to a halt right in front of us, and two men quickly hopped out of the vehicle, carrying their medi kits and approaching the building.

My heart began hammering in my chest when I heard one of the paramedics say to the other, "The caller said its level 4."

That's when I knew they've come for Sean.

I'm really sorry guys, the updates have been slow, I'll try updating faster.

Hope you guys are enjoying the story, please vote and comment.

If you have any suggestions or anything you'd like to talk about, please message me anytime!

Thanks for all the reads, votes and comments. Means so so much to me.

Hope you enjoy your day/night.

Love you all <3

Gizness