Chapter 4

Unedited sorry guys :( I promise once the story is finished, I'll go over it all and edit! :)

Picture of Daniel >^

"Sometimes people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them." - The Fault In Our Stars

Chapter 4-

Cassidy Jones

Just one more mile, I though to myself as I pushed harder. Jogging has always been my favourite thing to do in the mornings. Today is Saturday and there's no school, thank god, because I hate waking up early, so since my parents aren't home and Landon won't be up for another half a century, I figured I'd go for a five mile jog.

I rounded the lake admiring the birds chirping happily as they flew around. The sun was shining down on me as I ran. Oddly, the weather today is quite warmer than what the weather usually is here. It's always cold, raining and storming. So that was another reason why I decided to run.

The song, 'Love Me Like You Do', By Ellie Goulding, played through my earphones as I continued jogging by the lake. I love that song, it's so cute and romantic.

Last night, when I got home from work, Landon was waiting for me in my room and asked me to explain what the hell happened during first period. I asked how he knew about what happened, when he told me someone who knows Cameron told him. He said that that friend of Cameron's said both boys were fighting over me.

My eyes bulged out of their sockets. Why would both guys fight over me? Firstly, Cameron is just a man-whore who probably wants to get inside my pants. Secondly, mystery guy only picked a fight because he didn't want Cameron to annoy me because my face probably looked pissed.

I said all that to Landon last night, as he just wore a smirk on his face. When I asked what's up with that face, he said that I'm so lucky to have to guys like me so much to fight over me. I just rolled my eyes and decided it's not worth my time to argue with Landon. He'll never quit.

'I'll Let You Set The Pace,
Cause I'm Not Thinking Straight,
My Heads Spinning Around I Can't See Clear No More, What ar-'

Not paying attention to what's in front of me, I end up bumping into another jogger who's back was turned to me sending us both toppling to the floor.

"God, I am so sorry." I began apologising as I tried to lift myself of the stranger's back because that's where I landed.

The person stood up after I got off and turned to face me, removing the hoodie of their jumper. I was greeted by a pair of blue eyes.

But they weren't mystery guy's.

This guy was extremely good-looking. Like, maybe as good-looking as Mystery guy. He looked quite similar, with his light, brown hair, his blue eyes that sparkled, and his defined and well-structured jawline.

He finally smiled and said, "It's all good." He let his eyes take over my appearance before his eyes found mine again. "Looks like we both get a little too distracted by our music." He pulled off his earphones as he stuck out his hand.

"I'm Daniel."

I smiled back and politely shook his hand. "I'm Cassidy." His hand felt warm and slightly perspired. Guess he's been jogging for long like me. I suddenly pulled my hand back fearing that my hand feels the same way. How embarrassing!

"So do you live around here?" He asked, genuinely interested as he leaned against a street post.

I couldn't help but wonder why he keeps talking to me. I mean, he clearly has a girlfriend, doesn't he?