Technoblade smiled and turned down the corned, taking his time as he made his way toward her room. He wondered what form of attack method she would attempt today. He wore a white silk shirt with a short red guards cape. It barely went down to the midline of his back. Of course, any longer of a cape and it would be an easy target for the enemy. Technoblade already thought the cape he had was unnecessary.

People already knew who he was.

For gods' sake he owned the castle.

Sort of.

It was under Philza's ownership now that his parents were no longer around, but Technoblade was given all the duties of king.

But getting into the royal guard meant everything to him, so he went along with the stupid fashion regimen.

He reached the door to his sister's room, and leaned his head against it, pressing his ear against the deep colored wood to try and hear where she could be hiding, so he would have the upper hand in this pretend fight.

Neither of them took these rare opportunities to train lightly. Technoblade was always busy with royal affairs his parents had left him with, and guard training when he wasn't doing that.

Y/N on the other hand roamed the castle most days, told she was too young to deal with affairs like her brother, and too young to learn to fight.

Technoblade didn't hear her rustling around in a particular hiding spot, waiting to jump. Instead he heard something...different.

Through the door he heard what appeared to be...crying? It was muffled and distorted, but it was definitely crying.

Technoblade put his sword down. He opened the door slowly.

Y/N wasn't hiding away, waiting for him. She was sitting against the end of her bed and beside her wardrobe. Her knees were bent and she sat with her face pressed into them, hands over her ears.

She wasn't doing this as another daily antic.

Technoblade's stomach dropped and he felt the color drain from his face. He had a strong idea as to what was wrong.

"Y/N...?" He asked cautiously.

"What is it?" She asked between quiet cries. "It's never happened before. And it won't stop. Why, what is it?"

In his own head, muffled laughter rang out.

He made no reaction other than to sit down next to her, and wrap his arm around her shoulder.

"It's going to be okay." Technoblade said softly.

"They're telling me to do things Technoblade. Terrible, horrible things." She said. "They're telling me to kill people. To kill...you."

She paused for a long moment.

"Is this the same thing that happens to you?" Y/N asked.

"Yes, but this time it's different." Technoblade said. "I never had anyone to teach me how to handle things. But you? I'll be here with you, every step of the way. I swear."

And they sat there. For what may have been hours. Talking, nothing more. And at times just sitting in understanding silence.