CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

"How was your 'stroll' with Thor?" Tony said. as I walked into the room. He was there alone. "Eh, it was alright. A bit random though. We ended up just pacing in the ball room." I said, flopping down beside him on the couch. Tony smiled and said, "I could hear your conversation." I jumped in my seat and stare at him.
"You are seriously kidding me!" I said, hitting him on the arm. "First of all, that punch was pathetic, and second of all no I am not 'seriously kidding you'." I poked my tongue out at him and folded my arms. "That isn't fair."
Tony laughed and replied, "I know. It isn't fair that you punch like a girl." I yelled at him and punched him in the face, full force. He groaned and held his jaw. "I stand corrected."
I smiled and leaned back into the couch. "Where's Strawberry?" He turned and stared at me before realizing I meant Pepper and replied, "She is skyping her friend. I left because it was just squealing and talking about girly things." I laughed and said, "Yeah, that's what girls do when they see each other after a while." He rolled his eyes. "You better not do that."
The door opened and in walked Steve. "Finished with the punching bag?" I asked him. He nodded and turned to Stark, "I uhhh, need some more punching bags."
"What?! I just bought like ten two days ago!" He said loudly. I laughed and said, "Come on Tony, it's Captain America. You should know that he chews through punching bags like a rabbit chews through a carrot."
"With it's teeth?" He said, a smile hiding beneath his serious face. I playfully punched him in the arm and looked over at Captain. His face was twisted in a weird way.
"What's up Buttercup?" I asked him, popping the 'p'. He smiled and sat across from me. "Nothing, just thinking about what you said." I smiled back, but my heart was pumping wildly.
I hadn't lied to him exactly. I did like just him when I told him, but afterwards, that was a different story. Not really though. They all kind of are tied together, through me. I face palmed and sighed.
"Kid?" Tony said, tapping me on the shoulder. I turned and realized what I had done. I stood up and announced, "I think I need to go for another stroll. Alone." I added when Captain got up as well.

~

I sat at the edge of the pool, dangling my feet in the water. I sighed and stood up, ready to dive in. Suddenly I felt a pair of hands on my back and then I was underwater. I came up, gasping for air and turned to see who pushed me in.
"LOKI!" I screamed, getting out of the pool and running after him. He laughed and I chased him faster. Then my feet gave way and I slipped, colliding with the cement floor.
His footsteps stopped and then he came over to me. I faked unconsciousness and his breath caught. He picked me up and draped a towel over my dripping wet clothes.
As he walked towards the door, I couldn't hold it in anymore and I burst into laughter. He looked down at me, surprise showing in his face. "You are really gullible." I laughed. He set me down and asked, "Gullible?"
"Ah, never mind." I said waving him off, "You could have known I was okay if you had read my mind." I threw the towel off myself and slipped into the pool. He sat on a nearby bench and said, "Yes, but you end up hating me if I do that."
"Why would you care whether I hated you or not?" I asked, before diving underneath the water, giving him some time to think about his answer. All of a sudden I heard a noise and I whirled around in the pool and saw Loki swimming towards me. I surfaced and waited for him to do so. I watched his shadow get closer. When he didn't surface I held my breath, knowing what he was going to do.
Yet I screamed when I felt his hand wrap around my foot and pull me under. He smiled a sexy grin under water and I pushed him away. He smiled again and put his hands up, forming a little bubble around us.
"What?" I screamed, collapsing to the bottom. He laughed and maneuvered his way towards me. "They took away some of my powers, but not all of them, and I am slowly regaining the ones I lost." I looked at him. "That doesn't answer my question."
"I can create a bubble of some sort by keeping the water at bay." He said, finally answering my question. "Cool." I breathed, touching the sides. "Yes, but it is unstable and hard to hold, so watch out." He said, slapping my hand away from the side. "Okay, okay." I said, taking a shaky step towards him. "Wait, no!" He shouted as the water poured in and I screamed.
I felt his hands grasp my waist and pull me up to the surface. I started spluttering and coughing up water. Loki pulled me towards the side and heaved me up, so that I was facing him.
"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. I nodded, coughing into my hand. He took my other hand and drew circles into it. It sent a tingle down my spine. "I guess I have to keep working on that."
I laughed, throwing back my head, "You got that right, Baby face."